Could be a dumb question...

squiddly

Do zoanthids often have long tendrils like worms coming out of the eye? This was brown and not white. I have a kinda ok photo, but I'm having a rough time getting pictures to do the right thing without loading them to my gallery first. I have them on me.com but when I tried to use the "insert image" icon, and put in the correct URL I got "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board." Feh.

Zoa worm thing

Do zoanthids often have long tendrils like worms coming out of the eye? This was brown and not white. I have a kinda ok photo, but I'm having a rough time getting pictures to do the right thing without loading them to my gallery first. I have them on me.com but when I tried to use the "insert image" icon, and put in the correct URL I got "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board." Feh.

Zoa worm thing

Has it been there a long time? Maybe it just bit-off more than it could chew. I've seen mine "munch" for a while. Just a thought.

They have to expel what they eat out their mouths. So sometimes digested food will do that, especially with the slime they put on their food.

get a photobucket account, and do it that way, very easy.

But why would the image tag work with a photobucket URL but not with other URLs? That doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks for the tip, however.

Has it been there a long time? Maybe it just bit-off more than it could chew. I've seen mine "munch" for a while. Just a thought.

These guys are pretty new (got them at Frag Fest) and today was the first time I saw the worm thing. Of course, if it's zoa pooh, that might make some sense.

I see it all the time, I will spot feed some of my large green zoas and take pics. So you can compare. Check back in an hour our so, and I should have it.

I see it all the time, I will spot feed some of my large green zoas and take pics. So you can compare. Check back in an hour our so, and I should have it.

Much appreciated. I will get photobucket someday :-)

Zoanthids, shrooms as well as some open brain and other corals expel Zooxanthella. It's brown and stringy like mucousy looking stuff. It's normal. I hope I got the name right. but it's all normal.

He said in the beginning that it was a stringy worm like thing. Which to me says either zooxanthelli or poo.

I be a she, but that doesn't matter much to the zoa poo :-) Thanks to both of you for clearing up the confusion.

Here are the pics, first the before

2011-07-19183156.jpg

now feeding time

2011-07-19183245.jpg

just after to show the zoas reactions

2011-07-19183320.jpg

and finally, the stringy/ wormy thingy

zoapic.jpg

A mix of standard fish foods. I would get a large pellet, small pellet, and medium ones. Them mix them in one container. One is formula one marine pellete, the rest are new life spectrum of various sizes.