Snorkeling at Caribbean beaches

I went on a Caribbean cruise and whenever I had the chance I snorkeled at whatever beach the family was at. Wanted to share some of the pics of what I found within 1 to 20 yards off the public beaches on some of the islands.

_.jpg

_-2.jpg

_-3.jpg

_-4.jpg

_-5.jpg

_-6.jpg

_-7.jpg

_-8.jpg

_-9.jpg

_-10.jpg

Makes me want to go, Steve, looks like you had a great time!

It looks like a trumpet fish to me :)

I have seen them almost appear out of no where when snorkelling... sometimes you see them in the water column and they blend in so well that it is almost ghostly to watch them appear.

Steve - You should have waterproofed your suitcase for the trip back!!

I'm jealous, looks like fun.

I did think about it. I wanted that nem in the first pic! I did bring back a softball size urchin skelton that I found. I'm going to put it in the refugium to see if pods will live in it or something.

Hey nice pics...where were these taken? Reminds me of a couple of places in the Dominican Republic where I did not have to go far to see pretty fish.

Anyone know what kind of fish that is in the last pic? It was at least 2' long and had a bright blue head.

In Puerto Rico, we call this type of fish "pez trompeta" (trumpet fish). A google search leads me to believe that this fish is in the Aulostomus family. Possibly Aulostomus Macalatus.

Sometimes it look like a stick floating in the water.