Are there green feather dusters?

squiddly

(edited)

I've never seen green feather dusters in the wild, but I think I have some. post-1002-130956045362_thumb.jpg I also seem to have a baby rose BTA hitchhiker. It's about the size of a dime at the moment.

Edited by squiddly

Hello, I've never seen green feather dusters before, but I think those green feather dusters are probably hydroids......but I can't tell for sure from the picture.

cheers,

Darren

I've seen pale green featherdusters before. They occasionally show up at places that get a lot of volume. I most recently saw one at That Fish Place.

there are some green & yellow ones. I had one a couple years ago that I ordered from BZA, along with a pink & white one. The green & yellow one vanished, but the pink & white one took over my tank with a bazillion babies.

Hard to tell from the pic, but they don't look "feathery" enough imo... w/e they are they're pretty

and grats on the lucky hitchhiker biggrin.gif

Never had hydroids but thats what I would guess they are. Look up some pics of hydroids online and find out because I heard they are not a fun pest to have. I would also guess the RBTA is a majano because they often are hitchhickers but maybe you got lucky with that one an it is a RBTA.

Never had hydroids but thats what I would guess they are. Look up some pics of hydroids online and find out because I heard they are not a fun pest to have. I would also guess the RBTA is a majano because they often are hitchhickers but maybe you got lucky with that one an it is a RBTA.

You may be right about the anemonie. Here's what it looks like:

post-1002-130963036344_thumb.jpg

I bought a green feather duster from Blue Ribbon Koi about a year ago. It was somewhat pale but definitely green. Unfortunately something dislodged it in the middle of the night and it drifted into the bowels of my rock work never to be seen again. :cry:

You may be right about the anemonie. Here's what it looks like:

post-1002-130963036344_thumb.jpg

So is it a BTA or something not so good?

Looks like a pink majano to me :( but wait for authorization to nuke til you hear from others.

I think they would be cool in a pico; the green ones are pretty.

I think you've got a majano and hydroids there, best to eradicate before they spread. To see if it's a majano versus a bubble tip anemone, touch it and see if it's got tentacles everywhere across the disc (except at the mouth) or if the tentacles are isolated at the edges of the disc like a zoanthid, in which case it's a majano. The hydroids are tough to get rid of, I would pinch them off at the base with tweezers and then scrub them down completely. You may also want to dip the rock in something to kill them off such as vinegar or soak them in boiling water. They can sting and get to plague proportions very quickly.