Sea Swirl Mod

bbyatv

I modified my SeaSwirl with a Tunze Stream 2 - 6065 Pump.

Here are some pics and videos.

Bruce

Photo0909.jpg

Photo0910.jpg

Photo0911.jpg

Photo0912.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey whats the outside air to skimmer thing thats listed as under construction on your site? Also your link to filter fine is not working.

Jason,

I am just running fresh air from outside to the skimmer to help drive out CO2 and drive pH up.

Bruce

Hey whats the outside air to skimmer thing thats listed as under construction on your site? Also your link to filter fine is not working.

Jason,

I am just running fresh air from outside to the skimmer to help drive out CO2 and drive pH up.

Bruce

My apoligies to thread jack but is there really that much a difference of CO2 in an enclosed stand and out side of the stand?

My apoligies to thread jack but is there really that much a difference of CO2 in an enclosed stand and out side of the stand? If so I might take a shot at routing the air draw for me new skimmer this way. Do you have any tests to back this up?

(edited)

The air is not drawn from just outside the stand, it is drawn from outside the house.

This is a proven way to raise pH as air inside the house (paticularly if your house is newer and is well sealed up) has high CO2 from humans, gas appliances, pets, etc.

If the water has full equilibrium with normal air, your pH will not swing much and should be pretty well tied to your alkalinity.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-09/rhf/index.php

I have three air pumps pumping outside air into my tank. One to my skimmer, one to my sump, and one to my Calc reactor overflow.

I am running a calc reactor and my pH stays between 8.0 and 8.1 all day and night.

Bruce

My apoligies to thread jack but is there really that much a difference of CO2 in an enclosed stand and out side of the stand? If so I might take a shot at routing the air draw for me new skimmer this way. Do you have any tests to back this up?

Edited by bbyatv