Pumps that are OK with BTAs, koralia?

They and most any internal pump fastened along the glass can be an issue if the BTA goes for a walk about. It doesn't happen often for me but it has happened. The higher you keep the pump and farther away from the rock such as towards the front of the tank the better. If you use one that you can cover with foam some how then that helps but it is more maintenance to clean them.

(edited)

I've kept BTAs for years and never had one get sucked into a pump. my pumps are high up near the water line which probably helps as it seems to me that BTAs like to stick their foot into a hole where they can expose their tentacles to some decent flow as well as pull back into it for defense.

Edited by Integral9

I have had bta's eaten by a korallia. On thing I did that seemed to work is building a cage out of the plastic canvas used for needlepoint(or something like that) held together with zipties around the korallia. It cut down flow a bit, but never had a problem with btas getting sucked in again.

Vortecs will suck them up, even an MP10 will get them. I speak from experience.

I even had one get sucked into the foam cover on an MP10. I removed the foam with him attached and he eventually removed himself with no damage, but it can happen.

I keep my Vortech's away from my BTA. I've had two pulled into other pumps, though. It's a legitimate concern.