wants to upgrade to vorTech

hoppies99

I have 100 gallons and wanted to upgrade to 2 VorTech MP10w. I don't know if it strong enough for my tank or should I just go with an VorTech MP40w..

Thanks

Definitely not powerful enough. I have an MP40W on a 92 corner and i would like to add another MP40W or at a min an old MP20W.

Definitely not powerful enough. I have an MP40W on a 92 corner and i would like to add another MP40W or at a min an old MP20W.

SO I HAVE TO PUT IN 2 VORTECH MP 40W.?

THANKS

I have no experience with the 40, but two of the 10's would not be enough for a 100gal tank imo.

MY BROTHER SAID IT NOT ENOUGH. JUST WANTS TO SEE WHAT YOU GUY THINK.

THANKS

Wait, what do you keep or what do you want to keep?

I don't think that a single mp40 (or two mp10s) in a 100 would be adequate for sps, but it would probably be fine for some softies and lps.

It is difficult to have conversations on flow (or lighting or most reef things) without an idea what what you are trying to achieve.

Wait, what do you keep or what do you want to keep?

I don't think that a single mp40 (or two mp10s) in a 100 would be adequate for sps, but it would probably be fine for some softies and lps.

It is difficult to have conversations on flow (or lighting or most reef things) without an idea what what you are trying to achieve.

RIGHT NOW I HAVE LPS AND SOME MONTIPORA FRAGS IN MY TANK. ALL MY SPS HAD MOVE TO MY BROTHER TANK. BUT IM PLANNING TO KEEPS LPS ONLY, SPS IS NICE BUT TOO HARD TO KEEP.

As has been said running two MP10s would not really cut it... On my 60 gallon below I have two MP10s providing all of the flow and they are maxed out. On any system larger I'd bump up to the MP40s. For the size they are though, the MP10s are excellent pumps.

60_tank_front_2.jpg

Ideally, you'd want two MP40s for your tank, giving you a lot of flexibility even in a mixed reef. One will suffice, but it is not ideal. Having two of these pumps strategically placed allows for a much more natural flow pattern.

Hope that helps,

John

As has been said running two MP10s would not really cut it... On my 60 gallon below I have two MP10s providing all of the flow and they are maxed out. On any system larger I'd bump up to the MP40s. For the size they are though, the MP10s are excellent pumps.

60_tank_front_2.jpg

Ideally, you'd want two MP40s for your tank, giving you a lot of flexibility even in a mixed reef. One will suffice, but it is not ideal. Having two of these pumps strategically placed allows for a much more natural flow pattern.

Hope that helps,

John

THANKS JOHN.....THE THE FRAGS LOOKING GOOD IN MY TANK