1. Plain nori on a clip

2. Plain nori on a rock

3. Mysis (fozen)

4. Spirulina based frozen

5. Formula #2 frozen

6. Julian Sprung Sea Veggies - green on clip

7. Julian Sprung on a rock

Now you can see why this fish has earned the name ID10T-ang :lol:

Anyone think that using JS veggies in another color will work (yes, I know it's just nori - willing to give most anything a shot).

On the plus side the fish looks & behaves fine - no signs of stress - he's out & swimming all the time.

7. Julian Sprung on a rock

How long was he on the rock and how often did he need to come up for air?

All fun aside, unless you see the fish wasting away by the belly, I wouldn't worry too much yet. Some of the frozen foods you use can be enough to sustain them by the binders alone passing through the fish in the water.

Try live black worms or even live brine, the movement may catch it's eye and even if it spits it out, it can cause it to begin feeding. Have you tried romaine, maybe Julian can hold it. (sorry) If you kinda gently crush the hard stem of the romaine before putting in the tank, it will release some of the juice and act like veggie chum.

Good luck and just trying to lighten your load with a tad of humor.

can you get some culearpa from some one or have you already tried that? he also maybe getting some food that he pics up where you can't see him pick it up. my dorkfish is always picking off of the rocks. eventhough he eats er-thing. good luck and please post what he finally eats

How long was he on the rock and how often did he need to come up for air?

ROTFLMAO - gggrrrrreeeaaaat....now I need a new keyboard!

It wasn't easy, had to use a big rock & conk him on the head a few times - AND he still wants to float to the top (darn body gasses).

Haven't been able to check ID10T too close (still a bit skittish), he was a tad pinched when I got him (undertandable due to tranport) - seems better now. It is picking from the rocks - though there's not too much to pick. ID10T has even picked right NEXT to the nori/sea veggies w/o taking any of either.

The funniest part is the angel & ID10T, apparently the angel likes tangs - it follows the ID10T all over the tank. It did the same with the yellow tang (sad, flat fish & flat intake = bad news). ID10T just ignores the angel so I guess it works. The maroon clown wants NO part of the Achilles :lol: everytime it swims around the clown leaves.

Haven't had a chance to try "live" food yet - TRT only had cheato when I went by there (not much chance of him eating that). Might try some brine, should be able to get some of that.

The fish does seem to be doing fine (but as we all know, about the time you see symptoms they're on their last legs) - likes to surf the current, as in "just, like, catching some waves duuude"

Eric- I have some feather and grape calurpa- If you are this way - near TRT drop by and pick some up!

It is going fast though as I have two new tangs in thier second week in my 29 QT tank- The Clown and Powder blue tangs are getting fatter by the day and trying more foods, but have learnded they can graze the calurpa.

If you are comming by give me a call I will PM you with my address and phone and pull some to put in my fuge which I sould do anyway.

Regards,

Lee

Did you try steaming lettus / spinach?

I agree that calerpa would be a top pick. I'm slowly (VERY SLOWLY) growing some feather in the plan of getting a tang at some point. Would like to get more and/or some grape... but I have no need now.

I've found some fish that will not touch nori (or others) when on a clip or rock will eat it when free floating. I used to cut it into bit size squares and feed like flake food.

How long have you had him?

Update -

Of course, Murphy's law I came home today to a bare rock (put in pre-dawn this morning). It seems someone was eating the veggies.

Thanks again Lee, I appreciate the macros - They'll be going on a rock in the am (in the fuge at the moment - where the critters will find a good home I'm sure).

Fish seems well, no pinched belly - so apparently it's been eating something :lol: