CoralVue Electronic VHO ballast

HowardofNOVA

I need a new ballast to expand my VHO needs with my 250w 10K MH lighting. Currently, I have a Workhorse5 good for only 1-4' 110w VHO bulb. I need to add AT LEAST one ballast for my second VHO bulb and need a ballast to handle it or more.

Has anyone used this ballast or any comments on it?

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/m...gory_Code=Sales

ANYONE have a deal on a VHO Ballast.

Howard

I can't answer for the CoralVue VHO ballast, but my CV MH ballast puts out a significant amount of RF interference - just an FYI.

Dave,

Thanks for the info on the Workhorse7, I'm ordering one for around $30-40?

Dave,

What size tank do you have and what are you using for lighting?

Howard

Howard,

I have 2x110W VHO's (URI actinic white) and 2 x 175W MH's (20K XMs) on a 75 gallon tank. I use the Fulham WH7 with the VHOs and a PFO with the MHs. I may upgrade to 250s at some point, but for now I'm happy.

Initially heat was a concern, but I've since "bit the bullet" and bought a chiller. I might also go back to 10K MH's and 03 VHOs at some point, but that is a growth vs. aesthetics issue. That is my lighting in a nutshell.

Another option I seem to recall is hellolights.com has the ARO ballast for 2x110 VHO's on sale for $35. The sale might be off, but worth checking I guess.

I am running the $35 ARO ballast from hellolights. Krish has one as well. It can run 2 bulbs up to 4 feet I believe. I'm only running 2 75W bulbs due to the space in my canopy. Very simple to wire up.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm back on the market for a VHO Ballast to run my 110w bulbs or more. Anyone have anything for sale?