Lionfish

Papa Splax

I have a Volitan Lionfish just about 12in in diameter every direction (w/ fins), he eats freshwater goldfish; which i keep contained with my 150g freshwater b4 feeding... so too the point i hate keeping goldfish in my freshwater tank bc i dont want disease to get in there, or them die and raise my levels, not to mention thier waste... so i would like to feed my lionfish something of more nutritional value... and something that wont hurt the lionfish if he does eat a diseased gold fish... Now this lionfish is very picky, he lets squid pieces bounce off right his face.... but if its a dead goldfish half into the tank not even left my fingers yet he's already on it...

I live in myrtle beach and im going to go shrimping when season comes and try the dusk saltwater shrimp there... i use them for eatting as well... but till then is there any kind of saltwater feeder, less disease ritten fish i can buy in bulk at least a dozen for under 3 bucks.. he eats like 6 a day

Goldfish are not very nutritious, especially for a saltwater predator. I would try to get him switched over to eating shrimp, krill or clams, I used to feed shrimp to my panther grouper, he never touched squid either

Are these beter nutrition then goldfish? and can u buy them live?

Silversides are a much better food for saltwater animals than goldfish. I usually see them in a bag that has been quick frozen so they thaw out pretty nice. I used to buy shrimp off of the truck from NC on the side of the road and feed them to my grouper, sometimes peeled, sometimes whole