POTM February 2011

FearTheTerps

Bringing back Picture Of The Month, havent had this for a few months but starting it up again.. We have alot new members that we have welcomed to the club recently, So I'll give a quick overview of what its all about.

Please dont think of this as a contest. Yes there is a vote and a prize is won, but I like to think of it as just another way to participate in the club. Not everyone has a big fancy tank loaded with a bunch of expensive corals. I'll try to keep the topics as generic as possible that way everyone has a chance to participate. I'm also always open to topic suggestions, so if you have one PLEASE SHARE.

We start with a topic selected by the committee(just me at the moment). Usually theres about a 3 week period for you to submit a photo, which gives everyone plenty of time. Thats followed by a week period where all members can vote of the photo they think is best. Your photo should be taken by you, it can be of anything in your tank, the ocean, or where ever. DO NOT use photos taken from the internet, or taken by someone other then yourself. See the submission guidelines for all the information that should be included with your photo.

THIS MONTH'S TOPIC..... TRUE COLORS

Your picture can be of anything colorful, fish, coral, inverts, etc. Try to take the picture that best represents what you see with your eyes. This can be hard for some phototakers to accomplish, but its good practice to show a good representation of what your stuff looks like when you want to show them off, or if you plan to sell something. It can be under any kind of lighting, actinics, MH, LEDs...

Winner of the vote will receive $20 worth of raffle tickets at the next club meeting.

GUIDELINES

Submissions must be made by February 21

Photo size: At least 800 x 600

ONE submission per person.

To be included in the voting, your submission must also have the following information:

Submitters: Name, BBName

Camera Used: (if not available please say unknown)

Subject: (what title/picture name/picture of)

Edited by FearTheTerps

Ok-

Here's mine:

My blue, purple, and red scoly. I haven't retouched the colors at all or tweaked any of the values in the photograph.

Taken in my tank under 50w 12k LED and 15w 453nm LED mix. Sony DSC N2.gallery_2631654_582_515509.jpg

Edited by zygote2k

Cant be more true color than this

Submitters: Ha, hlem

Camera Used: iphone camera

Subject: Purple Heart colony with some green zoas

165297_816158195427_15608127_43078570_8151391_n.jpg

DSC_0360.jpg

Submitters: Mike Henley, OUsnakebyte

Camera Used: Friend's Nikon D70

Subject: Former left side of my formerly glorious 120

Cheers

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0997.JPG

Submitters: Ron / arsenic

Camera Used: EOS XSi w/ 28-135IS Lens

Subject: My Birthday Coral Beauty (Centropyge bispinosa) (Thanks Dad!!)

Higher Res. copy available :)