Mr Coral today

angel not fish

Unhappy customers will happen in every business. It's how you treat them and what you do afterward that makes the difference between if/what they say. If I have a problem but I see the vendor working with me and doing what they can to correct the source of the problem, I'm perfectly happy as it shows regret for the problem and a willingness to prevent it in the future. If I see a vendor that still doesn't refund my money, acts like it's the buyer fault or isn't interested in keeping the problems from occuring again in the future, I feel differently.

Well, I agree that a vendor should always try to resolve the issue as best as they can. But some people will either just not get it or be unreasonable no matter what. I don't want to bring up your issue here since you had your own thread, but in general (NOT directed at ANYONE), there will always be people who always try to "bend" the rules or complain when they don't like the rules. Each vendor has the right to set their own rules and run their business how they see fit. If MrCoral has a separate online section, then so be it. You can still order online. He's not stopping anyone from that.

I understand there will always be some unhappy customers, but some should step back and reflect on why they were upset. A guy can walk into a car dealership, and demand they sell a $20,000 car for $10,000. The place says 15k is lowest we can go. Guy says no,I want it for 10k. Place says sorry, we can't do that, then the guy will go and tell his friends why this dealership is terrible and they won't work with him. What should the dealership do? This is an extreme example, but my point is not all unhappy customers are reasonable.

It's one thing if MrCoral was telling everyone to buy acans in the store and when they get there, there's nothing. But if someone was told to order online cause it might not be available in the store but they still go in expecting they can get it, then they only have themselves to blame when they could've done it right the first time. It's REALLY not that complicated. lol.

Unhappy customers will happen in every business. It's how you treat them and what you do afterward that makes the difference between if/what they say. If I have a problem but I see the vendor working with me and doing what they can to correct the source of the problem, I'm perfectly happy as it shows regret for the problem and a willingness to prevent it in the future. If I see a vendor that still doesn't refund my money, acts like it's the buyer fault or isn't interested in keeping the problems from occuring again in the future, I feel differently.

Let's stay on topic. The original issue was about online vs. in-store stock, ordering, etc.

Mr. Coral,

I have some suggestions for you. One, maybe setting up a kiosk computer in the corner of the store so people can order online while they are there and also allow them to compare the online pics to what is in the tubs. Two, maybe setting up the tub in the back room for the internet corals already sold and awaiting shipment so as to prevent any confusion. Three, I would have a talk to employees to make sure they understand how to deal with customer's concerns. You can't always be there so they need to be able to handle sticky situations or call you while the customer is there.

Agrees with Sonny.....If you don't like the store or his business practices, go buy your stuff somewhere else and leave him alone. You guys sound like whining little kids that got kicked around on the playground, so you fight these angry little word wars with someone in cyberspace.

Coral Hind my employees know how to take care of customers. I like the idea of keeping stuff in the back but we are limited with space and can't do that right now. On the computer you are happy to bring in a lap top, phone anything like that. I don't have a Free corner. LOL I wish I did.

Agrees with Sonny.....If you don't like the store or his business practices, go buy your stuff somewhere else and leave him alone. You guys sound like whining little kids that got kicked around on the playground, so you fight these angry little word wars with someone in cyberspace.

I don't agree with your statement at all. Angel Not Fish was simply sharing an experience from a visit to the store which others have chimed in that they too have had similar experiences. I think it has been a good thread that has shed some light on an issue that others have also had at the store. Hopefully other members will now know that it is best to order online for store pick-up as not everything in the store is available. And hopefully Mr. Coral is able to take this as constructive info and improve the store.

Mr. Coral,

I have some suggestions for you. One, maybe setting up a kiosk computer in the corner of the store so people can order online while they are there and also allow them to compare the online pics to what is in the tubs. Two, maybe setting up the tub in the back room for the internet corals already sold and awaiting shipment so as to prevent any confusion. Three, I would have a talk to employees to make sure they understand how to deal with customer's concerns. You can't always be there so they need to be able to handle sticky situations or call you while the customer is there.

It's really not that hard. When I have gone in the store and ask someone (be it Sonny or Bryan or someone else) for a frag I saw online, they always try their hardest to find the same type of frag for me. I understand that they spend lots of time and hardwork to take pictures and list WYSIWYG frags almost EVERY day. If I can buy a frag that is not listed, but the same colony, I am more than happy to save them the efforts they put into the online store. How many other local retailers have such an active online store? And sometimes the frag they sell me is even better than the one pictured.

I hope this thread is informative and will make people understand that MrCoral has to accomodate BOTH online and in store customers. If he sold everything he has listed online to in store customers, then all that hardwork online was sort of a waste. It's not like he prevents anyone from ordering. I mean we have a $10 frag store pretty much in our backyard. I like going into a store without thinking I have to spend over $100 to get something nice. All he is asking is to follow the rules everyone else has to abide by. If we have the advantage of going to the store and looking at the corals, we can at least not bogart that exact frag that was intended for an online purchase by someone else who aren't lucky enough to see it. With large retail stores dominating the economy now, we have to remember not to treat small family owned businesses the same way we deal with corporations. Business transactions needs to go both ways and not the faceless dealings you normally have with the big guys. Again, not directed at anyone, but I hope I make some sense.

I don't agree with your statement at all. Angel Not Fish was simply sharing an experience from a visit to the store which others have chimed in that they too have had similar experiences. I think it has been a good thread that has shed some light on an issue that others have also had at the store. Hopefully other members will now know that it is best to order online for store pick-up as not everything in the store is available. And hopefully Mr. Coral is able to take this as constructive info and improve the store.

Never asked you to agree with my statement. Too much sniping on this board is what I am saying. Whether you disagree or agree is immaterial to the conversation.

Edited by flowerseller
moved [/quote] to display comment by srd4080 correctly

What are you saying? Yes, you do need to put a fork into it. Here is the deal we have the largest selection of coral in the area and you can combine all the local store if that is not worth the trip not sure what is. I forgot they are $10!!! Come on man.

Amen! Personally I appreciate the information.

LMAO - "sniping".........heaven forbid anyone might say anything negative or offer constructive criticism.

The purpose of the Vendor Experience forum is for members to provide information regarding their experience, typically well beyond expectations (whether positive or negative), to the membership. Questions and discussion that help to clarify the original poster's experience, expectations, background, and (possibly) motivation are fair. A reasonable and relevant response from the vendor is fair also. To suggest that a member suck it up, stop whining and go somewhere else to shop fails to recognize the purpose of this forum.

I have seen many times where this feedback serves to remedy a problem when the vendor recognizes outright that this is an opportunity to publicly fix that which has been publicly complained about. That is, to make lemonade from lemons. Normally, that happens when a vendor is getting first word of the complaint in this forum. Oft times, I believe that this is the wrong approach. I believe that a vendor should be allowed to address the matter successfully before it is publicly complained about.

However, when that doesn't happen and when a vendor then interacts with a member (publicly or behind closed doors) in a way that leads to a successful and relatively painless resolution that meets or exceeds the member's expectations, these threads have a way of turning around 180 degrees to benefit the vendor with the free and invaluable message that "this vendor really cares about his customers."

I don't understand why the person could not just let Fabiana order online using the store's computer. Other shops have gone online with me there to look stuff up on their own computers.

The last time I went to Mr. Coral, they let me stay in the shop for about 10 minutes after closing while I took my time being really picky and indecisive, which I had to be because there were practically too many choices in the available bins.

My question to Sonny is, if a person orders online to come pick up at the store, then discovers at the store that the item does not look the same as the online picture (due to lighting or camera settings or whatever), can the person just get refunded while there?

If for some reason you did not like what the item looked like when you got to the store of course we would not make you buy it. By the way your welcome to stay over anytime.

Merry X-Mas!!

Edited by mrcoral.com

I usually only make it to the store once or twice a year so part of my frustration is possibly a business process that is still changing and being ironed out but with that being said here is a summary of my experience:

Rule #7 when shopping at Mr. Coral....Rules 1-6 only apply if rules 2 and 4 apply but rule 5 does not apply. If you are confused on the rules, then you missed rule 3 which made rule 8 apply, which has not been established yet...

If I am confused on how and what i can buy, I leave very frustrated and not happy. I don't want to ask 1,000 questions to understand how and what i can buy and what rules apply to what corals. I want it to be a smooth and straight forward process. I would go back to the straight forward method of having priced sections and eliminate the games with all the rules. But hey you may do enough business online to not even care about the local customers....

Wow... I need to get up there its been since last winter for my last visit. It sounds like things have changed. It was always easy for me to shop there. They never seem to have a hard time selling me anything,and there were alwasys deals getting stuff for free and sometimes 1/2 off. Sonny always took care of me.It sounds like he has some bins that are for online sales.that sounds easy to me,but that why I have to make it up there to see it for myself. step one is getting there ,step 2 have lots of cash.

Yes, hope to see you soon Curtis!! Not sure what Watson is talking about. Yes, we are killing it online we have the best deals in the country and we are very very busy. In store customers have about 18 feet of $10 frags to pick from and a Limit one section just for you guys. Not sure what else I can do. Hold on there is. I'm giving away freebies also? If you can find a better deal Please let me know!!!! By the way What is rule 6? What a joke!! I love these stories we sound really bad!! I guess you can say anything on the net. What's rule 5? How about 4? You get the point. LOL!! CRAZY!!!!

THE BOTTOM LINE IS VERY SIMPLE IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE OVER PAYING FOR CORAL AND BELIEVE THIS GARBAGE DON'T COME IN. ALL I CAN SAY WITHOUT BREAKING RULES IS THIS IS A LOAD OF CRAP. NOTHING MORE I CAN DO. HERE IS A IDEA BEFORE YOU POST ABOUT A BUSINESS IT IS A GOOD IDEA YOU STATE FACTS NOT MADE UP THINGS YOU THINK IS A FACT. JUST A THOUGHT? MAYBE WE SHOULD TRY IT.

Edited by mrcoral.com

Closing the thread. If the original poster (angel not fish) wants to post a follow-up, please PM me or one of the mods, and we'll re-open it for you. For others: If you have vendor experiences of your own that you want to share, please do so in another thread.