Do u think good deal?

Justin

I have someone can give me cheap price on fish

Nason tang 7 inches ( $70).

Safin tang 5 inches ( $40)

Foxface 4 inches ($50)

Korean Angles change to Adull that u can see yellow to his body ($55)

turbo nail and hermit crad is 1.25 for each...

So Do u guys think this is good deal for it.. if it does.. i will order it for my 120 gallons..

Until you learn to spell the names of the fish right you are not allowed to buy anything. What exaclty is a "korean angle" biggrin.gif

Nice price on the "safin". If the "nason" is a male and depending on where it came from it too is a nice price.

LFS .. and the fish are healthy because so far i bought fish from their store.. but still no guarantee on salt fish.. huh that's im consider it.. But his price gave to me. i doublt it.. no where can match it. Speical with NAson tang 7 inch.. for $70 .. w... t..h biggrin.gif

Until you learn to spell the names of the fish right you are not allowed to buy anything. What exaclty is a "korean angle" biggrin.gif

Nice price on the "safin". If the "nason" is a male and depending on where it came from it too is a nice price.

check it out

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+18+1935&pcatid=1935

not show size but he is about change to Adull size with yellow in there.. blink.gif

[/

check it out

http://www.liveaquar...935&pcatid=1935

not show size but he is about change to Adull size with yellow in there.. blink.gif

Live Aquaria states that the "Koran Angel" is not reef safe. AKA - Eats corals and inverts too. Maybe the "Korean Angle" IS reef safe, and I am confused. I am assuming you have corals, and that your tank is not fish only.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until you learn to spell the names of the fish right you are not allowed to buy anything.

+1

Maybe the WAMAS site needs an auto spellchecker for posts- there are many here who could use it...

Didnt you just have a case of ammonia poisoning.? Why dont you hold off on fish, and work on getting your tank stable, so you dont kill more innocent fish. Just because there "just fish" doesnt mean you shouldnt be more responsible as a pet owner. If your switching tanks around and moving things your adding even more stress to the livestock, so adding a bunch of new large fish is probably a bad idea..

So Do u guys think this is good deal for it.. if it does.. i will order it for my 120 gallons..

I think it is a fair deal, but that is a lot of large fish to add all at once. Maybe ask them if you can bring them home at different times so as not to overload the tanks biological filter.

I think it is a fair deal, but that is a lot of large fish to add all at once. Maybe ask them if you can bring them home at different times so as not to overload the tanks biological filter.

okay.. thanks.. i will tell them that..

You're going to put a 7" Naso in a 120? it will have to swim in a circle to keep from hitting each side!!

haha.. its okay.. they will get use to for it.. haha.. ha biggrin.gif

i think my tank will handle it.. with 48x24.. that should be good for em

Didnt you just have a case of ammonia poisoning.? Why dont you hold off on fish, and work on getting your tank stable, so you dont kill more innocent fish. Just because there "just fish" doesnt mean you shouldnt be more responsible as a pet owner. If your switching tanks around and moving things your adding even more stress to the livestock, so adding a bunch of new large fish is probably a bad idea..

i think u are right.. that's im going shop last time.. for my 120 gallons.. 3 fish dead.. so i need some new fish to fill up my tank.. i dont want to see my tank only 1-2 fish in there.. that is NOt right. blush.gif

haha.. its okay.. they will get use to for it.. haha.. ha biggrin.gif

i think my tank will handle it.. with 48x24.. that should be good for em

Honestly, I was trying to hold my tongue until I saw this. I'm going to first say that I am in NO WAY even close to the tang police, I've seen small tangs kept in 10 gallon tanks until they grew and I thought it was fine, I right now have a 5 inch yellow tang that is in a divided 40 so it only has about 20 gallons of space until I get my new tank set up (not proud of it, just showing that I'm not super extreme). This pushes a line with me for two reasons though.

First, you are not disagreeing with Steve's assessment that this fish is too big, but istead you're saying that you don't care that the fish will be suffering in a small glass box that is half the size of what it needs because it will "get used to it". You do realize how irresponsible and inept this makes you sound? As Travis said, " Just because they're "just fish" doesnt mean you shouldnt be more responsible as a pet owner."

Second, while I said above that I am not the tang police, in most cases the only genus of tang that I will raise my personal concern over are those in the Naso genus. These tangs grow huge and move around A LOT more than tangs of other genera. In my opinion a 6-7 foot tank that is also wide is a minimum. Trust me when I say that my opinion on minimum tank size is small compared to other's opinions. I've seen people complain about a large Naso in a 600 gallon tank.

I seriously suggest you listen to what people are telling you and reconsider. A good deal is no reason to subject a fish to inhumane conditions.

+1 - what Sam said. I do not want to pile on, but Sam is calling this spot on. We have a responsibility to be good keepers of our charges. Watching a large animal in a small cage is not pleasant.

I have no concerns on the other fish, but a large naso in a 120 is just too much. I am not the tang police. Far from it. But the truth is the truth.

Justin, I have to agree with the others. I think you need to step back, slow down, and get the tank properly together and fully cycled before you can even think about more fish. I would avoid the larger more expensive fish and get something simple. From reading your many threads it doesn't seem like you even have this 120 up and running yet so you are months away form adding the kind of livestock you listed above.

Yes, wait let your tank mature. We all wanted that beautiful tank we see as TOTM, but some(most) of us learned the hard way there is no way to rush. I believe you said that your tanks filter was large and strong enough to handle the strain of several large fish at once, note that is is not the SIZE OF THE FILTER THAT IS LIMITING HOW FAST IT CAN REACT TO BIOLOGICAL LOAD'S, it is merely how fast the correct bacteria can multiply to compensate for the billows of the different waste chemicals. Therefore since these bacteria only multiply at a certain rate, and in series at that, your levels will spike horribly and you almost certainly will notice either very stressed fish or dead ones in your tank. As I am hoping you wish to be a consiencous caretaker of these beautiful creatures you should consider their stress levels. They are trying to recover from being shipped all over the world, then must quickly create and maintain a hierarchy of the fish, and further more must deal with the stress of insane chemical levels as their own waste builds up? This is not how any of us would want it, so I would suggest no more than 2 fish purchased in 2 weeks. Also consider it's temperament, more docile fish go in first so that they can claim territory. Then the more violent or controlling fish may come later. As were all trying to say, take your time, wait, and think about it. Besides some of the most fun parts of setting up a tank are viewing your endless posibities! Congratulations if you had he patience to read this far, you just might have the patience to succeed here! Best of luck to you and your fish.

Two things:

1. I agree with every one about staying away from the Naso as it will get way too large for your tank. There are plenty of other better looking smaller fish that would be better suited for you system. Definitely take it slow and let your filtration build up before trying to dump all those fish in at one time.

2. With all due respect and I am definitely not trying to start any trouble but Sam I really don't think you should be lecturing this guy about responsible fish keeping when you have a 5 inch yellow tang in 20 gallons worth of space. If you go by current size to space ratio having a 7 inch Naso in a tank the size of a 120 is a lot more responsible and a whole lot better than having a 5 inch yellow tang in a space the size of a 20. Don't get me wrong I definitely don't think Justin should get the Naso since those suckers get huge and agree with you on the tank size those fish should be in. I just think you are just as guilty of violating the very same principles thing you are claiming Justine is doing.

Regards,

Khalid

As a keeper of large fish myself, I'll weigh in on the issue of size and what you're contemplating.

- The Naso tang can get huge and is already too big for your tank. I have a unicorn tang and they are very similar in their habits - this will be too much for your tank, even if by itself. Naso tangs like lots of room to swim as they are not vertical movers as much as the Zebrosoma tangs, but are horizontal swimmers (for lack of a better way to describe it).

- The Sailfin is too big for you tank already. They grow to very large sizes and can grow to over a foot in length which means well over a foot from dorsal to anal/pelvic fin. Too big for your tank!

- The Foxface should be OK, although it depends on which one it is - some of them grow larger than others. That said, you should be OK with them for the long term in your tank as most grow to only about 6-7".

- The Koran Angel might be OK, but I wouldn't do it myself as they grow to over 1'. They grow very large as a full sized angel and are very aggressive fish when larger and confined to a small space.

Now, that said, I wouldn't put those fish together in that size tank. The aggression that you could see from those fish is too much considering the space you have and you'll end up with either a fish on the floor, water all over the place from them fleeing each other, fish dead from being beaten up, or fish dead from being spiked by the Foxface.

I have a 300 gallon tank that has a lot of open space for swimming and I definitely push the envelope myself with large fish. I am actually struggling with my own stocking list right now because of how big the fish have become and the amount of water that splashes out when they decide they're irritated with each other... I would suggest you not get any of these fish for a 120, even if it's a great deal that you cannot pass up and your tank is fully mature and ready to go. Your 4' 120 is not big enough (I don't even know if my 7' tank is big enough for my fish which all started out as babies except for 1). If you are interested in that sand we PMd about, when you swing by you can take a look and see what I mean about tank size. You'll have a lot of appreciation for what I'm saying when you see that you're considering putting fish that look big in my big tank into a space less than 1/2 of what you have.

As far as what Sam is doing, I think that what was missed in his post is that his is actually temporary, he had the bigger tank and is temporarily housing them due to a move and is setting up the bigger tank again (waiting to get it drilled). This is different from the old "I'll get a bigger tank when they outgrow this tank".