What's spawning in your tank?

davelin315

Interesting to see things pair up in the tank and spawn. Other than some of my nuisance pests that seem to spawn regularly I have a mismatched pair of regal angels that I believe are spawning (yellow belly female and blue belly male), a pair of harlequin shrimp that I believe are spawning, and then a pair of green mandarins that have begun to do their spawning dance. I also have a pair of pink skunk clowns but I don't believe that they are spawning and I have a pair of severely misbarred true perculas that are matched up and hosting in an anemone, no sign yet, though, of any female there. I'm hoping with the pair that the black ocellaris joins them (the female that was egg laying died and the male sits by himself on one side of the tank longing for the anemones that the skunks kicked him out of as soon as the female was gone).

Just after I moved a few years ago, the carpet did this:

carpetspawning5.jpg

Again, the tank was in shambles b/c I had just moved the day before, but this was the second time for this anemone.

tankcloudy3.jpg

If it does it again, I am so going to try and rear the larvae...

Cheers

Mike

Besides the masses of stomatellas and other small things, my seahorses regularly spawn.

gallery_2632346_778_54795.jpg

gallery_2632346_778_25612.jpg

I think the only things 'capable' in my tanks would be the four pairs of clowns. They all seem to be mated up, two pair host in anemones, but none seem to be interested in doing anything more than swimming, hosting, and eating.

Usually, they release them 5-5:30 in the morning (or before I am up) so they become leopard wrass food in the tank next to my sump...

Unfortunately, I am not currently set up to make an attempt to raise them. :(

But my wrasses get a nutritious treat!

I did tell Piper that I would try to collect fry the next time I noticed one of my pregnant males ready to pop so she could try to raise them.

OK, I will do just that :)

I have a lot of info on SH rearing. If you are interested, send me a PM with your email and I will send you a bunch of stuff.

One of my pocciloporas spawns regularly. I haven't caught it in the act, but there are several baby colonies scattered around the tank.

A couple years ago I had a spawning pair of neon gobies, and managed to raise a batch of 50+ babies.

I had some skunk cleaner shrimp spawning about every 3months in my tank before my angel ate them both. :dry:

I never raised them, but everyone ate very well that night. Usually happened around midnight.