New Tank being set up 64 gal cube

gwweber

Well I did it, Worried about not enough space in my place so switching my tanks around. Breaking down my 75 and moving contents into a 64 Custom Cube from steveoutlaw. I will post pics later. Finishing it this weekend, have a sump hung on the back of the tank, re-placed the euro reef skimmer with a tunze DOC that saves a lot of room in the sump. Have built an algea scrubber into it and am making a small rubble chamber in the bottom. The light is a 250 Watt MH with 4 T5's on it. Using a mag5 for a return pump. Also have two Vortec ES40 heads on the tank. Am planning to use a reefkeeper two controller also.

Am planning to start switching livestock this weekend. Am going to post leathers and softies aling with liverock for sale when i see what is leftover.

HAVING FUN

Wanted to ask, what is the thought on this, should I have a center pile of coral or shoul I pile it up the sides?

Edited by gwweber

Column. I made two columns for my biocube. Used a 1/4" masonry drillbit for a pilot hole, and went back with a 5/8" masonry bit. I used 1/2" cpvc as it fit the hole perfectly, and my columns are not too large. Acryclic rod would be better for heavier pieces. I filled the gaps with epoxy and "tooled" it to look like rock best I could. One the coralline encrusts should be good.

Well guess its time for some fishes. Also will post in FS as i need to get rid of some softies in this tank. Any interest et me know

• 2 weeks later...