Lend a "hand"?

Guest clownfish4

Guest clownfish4

Does anyone have any spare 175w 10k MH bulbs laying around? I would like to borrow two to see how my tank looks with two 175w 10ks on the outside and a 250w 20k in the middle. Currently I have all 20ks and it is a little blue for my taste. Thanks for the help, Mike.

aw, coming back from the darkside I see, 10k is the way to run. XM is coming out with a new 15k that I am dying to see how it looks and performs. Hope your trip was good..

aw, coming back from the darkside I see,  10k is the way to run.  XM is coming out with a new 15k that I am dying to see how it looks and performs.  Hope your trip was good..

27650[/snapback]

XM has a 15K coming out...? I hope thay have it in the 150 DE bulbs...! I have their 10Ks, and I am very pleased...

Hamilton has a 14K bulb that I have seen in person, and it looks quite nice (John C's corner tank). You might try that if you want a little less blue than the 20Ks...

Cheers

Mike

Guest clownfish4

I am no longer a fan of blue, even the 14/15ks. I really like the crisp white look that Sam has on his tank.

I still say the 10K with vho actinic supplement is the only way to go- Growth is great under the 10K and colors enhanced under the actinic. For PAR the website on 250 watts had the iwasaki leading almost every category but with Xm 10K a close second and with a much whiter coloration than the Iwasaki- I have 250 HQI DE 10K AB's and am very pleased but would be willing to try the XM 10K in my next set of bulbs to get a bit better PAR.

I switched from 2x250w XM 20K to 2x250w XM 10k with 2x110w VHO Actinic and I love the difference. I didn't realize how blue those 20K's were until I popped the 10ks in. Even without the Actinic the 10Ks look great.

I switched from 2x250w XM 20K to 2x250w XM 10k with 2x110w VHO Actinic and I love the difference.  I didn't realize how blue those 20K's were until I popped the 10ks in.  Even without the Actinic the 10Ks look great.

27908[/snapback]

agreed. i have 2 20k xm's and 2 10k xm's so when i replace them they are all going 10k with vho actinics.