Restor by Brightwell Aquatics

Jan

I've lost a couple of colonies to bleaching for no known reason. My Phosphates were high but I got them under control with chemi pure elite and vodka dosing. I thought that my SPS could use a little more support and came across Restor by Brightwell. After 1 dose of this stuff the colors on my SPS got brighter. I had one colony of SPS that I picked up from another reefer that was losing it's tissue at an alarming rate. I fragged it, which slowed the bleaching down, but it was still bleaching. After dosing with Restor the bleaching stopped. The frag turned a bright lime green and appears to be doing better. Now I only dosed 3 days ago but there is a huge difference in the intesity of the color of my corals. Just thought I'd share. Happy reefing!

Edited by Jan

(edited)

It's coral tissue supplement, amino acids, for corals. It should be used as maintenance and incorporated as part of your routine.

Edited by Jan

snakeoil in another form. nothing good water chemistry and regular water changes won't also do.

With MH lamps, and regular use of Restore, your corals will grow 10 times faster than with good water chemistry and LED crap.

gho.gif

On a more serious note I have been using Restore since it came out and swear by it for healing frags, and damaged tissue on SPS corals.

With MH lamps, and regular use of Restore, your corals will grow 10 times faster than with good water chemistry and LED crap.

gho.gif

On a more serious note I have been using Restore since it came out and swear by it for healing frags, and damaged tissue on SPS corals.

like Mark, i've used almost all of Brightwell's products religiously while utilizing NeoZeo.I will say this about Restor, it works.Why?because the main ingredient is Amino Acids.....imo CoralAmino and Restor is the same product under different labels....i do believe that as hobbyist we can be easily taken advantage of by these "snake oil" manufacturers because we aren't scientists and can not test these chemicals.All we know about it is what the labels tells us and what we've heard from fellow hobbyists about the products.Take from this what you will but i've used both Coral Amino and Restor long term and saw no difference in what either one did....its the Amino Acids!!!corals love it especially if your tank is too "clean"....

No, sorry. I didn't think of taking pictures because I really didn't think I'd have such dramatic results in such a short period of time.

Any pics of before and after?