Anyone going to MACNA?

Chad

I have decided that I am going to start collecting equipment for my next build (which I wont start for a while yet) whenever I locate a good deal. I know there are good deals to be had at the large shows, so if there is someone heading to MACNA that wouldnt mind checking the vendors for good buys on a few things, I would really appreciate it!

Please let me know if you are going and dont mind looking for me!

Thank you!

Chad

Any of y'all mind seeing if you can find a good deal ($400ish) on one of those nifty, quiet, high flow, high efficiency askoll type pumps that flows 3000 gphish at ~100w?

I would really appreciate it!

No problem. Like a Red Dragon? If I find one, would you mind if we played with it in the shop for a few days? We're contemplating a custom volute & venturi for the next skimmer kit's pump. This would be a good research opportunity.

Beats me. I just know they are an example of a custom modded Askoll-based pump with high flow and low wattage. I doubt they'd only cost $400 though. You should still go to macna.

(edited)

That is what I am thinking, like red dragon or flowstar, etc. (though I dont care about brand at all)... I have heard of a few smaller companies and tinkering regular folks custom modding the volute on sicce type pumps for higher flow. I figure MACNA will be a good spot to look for those off brand or deals and the like.

I wouldnt mind at all if you played with it in the shop for a bit, I dont need it currently, jut filling a closet with cool parts for a rainy day ph34r.gif

Oh, and I pretty much randomly chose $400, since a comparable flowstar runs 599. So long as it is a good deal, Im in for the pump.

Edited by Chad

Beats me. I just know they are an example of a custom modded Askoll-based pump with high flow and low wattage. I doubt they'd only cost $400 though. You should still go to macna.

lol, I'll be down in Fl looking at schools during MACNA but I'm can't afford the $130 tickets :cry:

^some of those rolling suitcases are huge! I am sure you will fit!