Clownfish needs HELP!!

Gilbert

okay so I've noticed this white cotton like thing is on the belly of my female clownfish. Is this a fungal disease? and I think another one of those things is starting to form near the gills. How do I fix this problem?

i had something like that on my maroon clown. i just let it run its course and it went away. she was eating and asking normal, so i didnt pay it much attention

One of my clown has the similar white stuff on the mouth from mouth to mouth fighting with another clown when they are fighting for dominant. Should I dip him on formalin?

okay heres the update. I treated my whole tank (coral, invertebrates included) with maracyn. It made my tank all yellow but after treating the tank for 4 days, thats white ulcer looking thing fell right off my clownfishes belly and healing good. now for a water change pretty soon!

okay heres the update. I treated my whole tank (coral, invertebrates included) with maracyn. It made my tank all yellow but after treating the tank for 4 days, thats white ulcer looking thing fell right off my clownfishes belly and healing good. now for a water change pretty soon!

Next time instead of treating the whole tank consider using a hospital tank. In this case you would have moved just the sick fish. That way you don't have to one, waste a huge amount of medicine, and two, damage other creatures in the tank. Hospital tanks can be a pain in the arse, keeping the parameters in check sucks. However, there are going to be some medicines that while they claim are reef safe, are not and using might just kill off everything. Anyway thought I would add my 2 cents.

Next time instead of treating the whole tank consider using a hospital tank. In this case you would have moved just the sick fish. That way you don't have to one, waste a huge amount of medicine, and two, damage other creatures in the tank. Hospital tanks can be a pain in the arse, keeping the parameters in check sucks. However, there are going to be some medicines that while they claim are reef safe, are not and using might just kill off everything. Anyway thought I would add my 2 cents.

Thanks for your 2 cents, and yes a hospital tank probably would have been better, unfortunately I don't have money to set one up. I wouldn't have tried this method if it did kill off everything. The person who recommended this medicine works at an aquarium store and he said he puts that stuff in all the time when the new fish, corals, and invertebrates come in. Said something about maracyn contains a mild dose of antibiotics. Does not contain any copper or anything harmful to fish,coral, invertebrates, its just antibiotics lol. check it out sometime

You really cannot afford to NOT have a hospital tank! The good news is that it is much cheaper than you might think--especially if it is used for fish only. All you need is a food-safe plastic storage bin, a cheap HOB filter (the kind with filter floss will work fine), a heater and a thermometer. Lighting is optional. The money you save by medicating a much smaller amount of water and through reduce cost of salt for smaller water changes (important in a hospital tank) will more than recoup the expense of the initial setup.