8# ARM reactor media

flowerseller

I can get 8# ARM calcium reactor media for $22.00 including tax and shipping.

I'll get a group order together and pick it up.

It may take a few days after we order it to get it.

Please let me know if you want any because I want it now.

Chip

I didn't price it because I was told they didn't have it. Plus when I asked I was told the shippping was killer if it was even still available somewhere else.

Where do you get yours and how much do you pay?

I see it around for $28.99 plus tax.

We may even be able to get a $1.00ish off if the amount grows.

I ordered 2 - 8# tubs already.

Chip

I think I got it last time from Champion Lighting. Normal price is $15.95/ 8lbs. Don't know how much shipping was, but don't think it was $6. Maybe though....

Michael

I had Scott at Marine Scene order me a 50# bag about a year ago. I think they charged me around $75 for it.

Might want to talk to Mike or Grim at TRT and see if we can get a few bags and how much he would charge us.

I just checked a web site ereeftank.com and they have it for $19.00 + shipping and tax so it's a little more. They also offer a 50# bag for $66.00 + S&T. The shipping would be costly plus I don't really want several years supply now.

I did see now that Champion has it for 15.95 + T&S so again pretty much the same price but they can be hot & cold about sending stuff promptly.

I went ahead and ordered 2 - 8# containers anyway since I want it now.

I like to buy from the local guys away. If I spent a buck more, it's worth it.

Lesson learned about telling you guys of a good LOCAL price.

:lol:

That's not a very fair comment chip. When you started the thread, you mention the price with shipping! which IMPLIES a mail order. Now, Glenn specifically mentioned 2 local shops on top of that and giving business to them if they can work with us! :)

AND- hey, we are all just looking out for each others wallets when trying to save a couple bucks.

It is only a couple bucks after all- nothing in the big picture,

I guess I need to re read my posts before I let em go.

I can get 8# ARM calcium reactor media for $22.00 including tax and shipping.

I'll get a group order together and pick it up.

I fixed up a typo in ashjoipping, covered up the "no", but then offered to pick it up.

I certainly didn't mean to be "unfair" as you said or even decieve the group, I thought it was a good price, and actually thought I was helping out.

Sorry man, if I offended you or anybody else for that matter.

:unsure:

Please don't take what I said the wrong way. Most of what I said was just in jest. I actually laughing. :lol:

I fully appreciate you trying to help- you do a WHOLE lot of it, and many of us appreciate it! I too am just trying to help.

Seriously, no offence taken. As a jesture of peace and goodwill I will have a frag for you at the meeting. Seriously. And most certainly, do not be deterred from posting up good prices you come across.

Michael

IF we do a group order, I am in need of some ARM. I have an old MRC CR6 which is a 6" dia x 20" tall, and a 4" dia x 20" tall. Any idea how many pounds it can hold? Also, I just emptied out the old ARM as the lids are cracked & leaking. When I did this I noticed that the old ARM is soft and crumbly. Any idea on if I should put new ARM in first, and top off w/ old, or just throw away old ARM? I think it would be best to put new in first so that it doesn't pack down as fast, a potential problem w/ the MRC CR6 as the water flows down in the 6" dia recirculation tube.

I use the CaribSea florida crushed coral, its all agragonite, why pay for the expensive stuff. I have been using it for 6 months and all my levels are perfect. Bought 50lbs for like 25 bucks. And no I have not had an algae increase with using this, it does not have phospates in it. I learned this off of RC. There are many threads about it.

I believe the difference between the crushed coral & ARM is that crushed coral breaks down @ a higher acidity level than ARM, hence requiring more CO2, & more undisolved CO2 being released into the tank.

I heard the same thing and is the main reason I am not using the CC. They say the A.RM. disolves closer to 7. Plus I bought this at that $22price and I'm ready to put the reactor online this Wednesday.