Picked up a Raddiant Wrasse

Novi

Stopped by F&F Saturday and picked up a gorgeous R.W. Acclimated him and thats the last I have seen of him. I know he is in hiding somewhere in the rockwork/sand. Whats the time frame on when I might see him again ya think? Couple days.... Couple weeks? I know they do this when first introduced to a new tank. I just dont want him to starve and die....

Usually just a few days or so, but I have seen wrasses disappear for 2-3 weeks before reappearing. It is very individual... I would let nature run its course and perhaps add some gut loaded live brine to the tank every couple of days and see if it entices it.

Mine was under the sand for 4 days after I got him but once he came out he became a really cool fish. He's always swimming around in the tank looking for food. Definitely one of my favorit wrasse in my tank.

Wrasse's are the best fish hands down. I have had different types of these guys for years. I've never had a fish in any type of aquarium with the colors, agility and personality as these guys.

I had a Dragon that stayed in the sand for over a week. I thought for sure he was dead and gone then one morning he was just swimming around like he'd been there all along. :)

I agree with the others....wrasses are awesome and half the reason I got into this obsession...errrr....hobby.

That sucks... how do you know he isn't dead?

haha I am assuming he is dead. He was doing fine and then was just GONE one day. My tank is only 29gal and I didn't see him anywhere. Checked the carpet and didn't see him there either. Guess he crawled under a rock, and never came out. O well...

4 days for my Hoeven's. Thought for sure he was dead, and then like fogcutter said, just appeared one day like he had never left.

He'll be back.

Laura

haha I am assuming he is dead. He was doing fine and then was just GONE one day. My tank is only 29gal and I didn't see him anywhere. Checked the carpet and didn't see him there either. Guess he crawled under a rock, and never came out. O well...

That happened to my sixline... disappeared for MONTHS! Then, lo and behold, I climbed behind the tank one day and ended up having to get a chisel to pry him off the stand... for some reason he really liked that stand and didn't want to let go...

That happend to my six line as well :( but he was a mean little sucker so I didn't miss him too much.