My Dad's 28g JBJ Nanocube HQI Reef Tank

I recently bought this aquarium for my dad whom was diagnosed with cancer. I thought it would be a good idea to have, since he was always interested by saltwater fish, and it gives him something to do while he's here at home.

I plan on buying a few more fish, and when the water parameters are perfect, I will be adding numerous LPS and a few clams.

Aquarium Details:

28 Gallon JBJ Nano-cube HQI

Lighting - 150w Metal Halide 20k

Flow - 2 Maxi-Jet 900's

Filtration - Stock JBJ Protein skimmer

Cooling - JBJ Mini Arctica Chiller

(4) Cooling Fans

Livestock:

Ocellaris Clownfish

Tail-spot Blenny

Candy Hogfish

Sand Sifting Sea Star

Rose Bulb Anemone

10 Blue Legged crabs

Pictures will be added shortly..

Thats a great thing your doing... Make sure you pick up the maintence and DEFENTLY DON'T LET HIM GO IN THE TANK... it may not be obvious but chemo theropy and radiation ruin your immune system. A fish tank full of live rock/corals. Would be like giving a pocket knife to a toddler...I'd be weary even with gloves... As for the maintence make sure the tank has an auto top off and timers with a big resvour that way you don't have to fill it every day he probably won't be able to lift the bucket of water.. feeding shouldn't be a problem... tell him to wear nitrile gloves. Anyway my mother had it too... She is a survivor I hope the same for your dad!

Thanks guys.

I'm definitely not letting my dad go in the tank. The tank is for him just to turn the lights on, feed the fish, choose coral/fish, and watch everything grow.

Here's a few pictures I took today..

DSC_9942.jpg

DSC_9948.jpg

DSC_9958.jpg

DSC_9970.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...