Good deal on salt

davjbeas

wwww.thatpetplace.com

Just purchased 4 200 gallon boxes of Reef crystals salt for 49.99 each

shipping is a flat rate of $6.99

A great deal I believe.

David

I don't know if it is great or not- it seems reasonable. I just priced the same product locally for 56 and thought that was a bit high for some reason. I believe the boxed stuff was 40 shipped on DrFoster and Smith's site. But, that could have been with some kind of coupon code.

As I mention in the group buy. Petsolution.com has free shipping over $99 and no extra shipping for heavy item (such as salt). Plus $5 gift certification for each box or bucket.

As I mention in the group buy. Petsolution.com has free shipping over $99 and no extra shipping for heavy item (such as salt). Plus $5 gift certification for each box or bucket.

Plus extra $5 with saving code; "SAVE5"

i don't see the site you mention.

petsolution.com?

David

its funny that 49.99 is a deal when alot of shops including ours charge around $50 bucks, H-E-double hockey sticks I even discount if you spend a few bucks, no shipping charges and we even carry to your car for you. we dont make much money on salt. rather we carry it for more of a customer service thing.

Davjbeas your in reston, chris youre in sterling...youre telling me it costs you more that 6.99 to drive out here?

I'm just wondering what the thinking is

Sean

(edited)

They had a sale last week plus free shipping. I just bought 3 200g boxes from the place. It came out to be $46 shipped to the door.

Edited by ChrisTran

(edited)

Davjbeas your in reston, chris youre in sterling...youre telling me it costs you more that 6.99 to drive out here?

Sean

"My" truck would actually take $6 to get there and back. It s a gas sucking hog, and, if i did not tow my boat with it I probably would have gotten rid of it a long time ago.

- The other Chris that lives in Chantilly :laugh:

Edited by Chris-

(edited)

Just to let anyone/everyone know, I got an email from MarineDepot advertising 200g box for $34.99 ... I know they usually have free shipping on $175+ but don't know if that includes salt or not .. and since I a fill-up from MrCoral when he had the 'mis-order', I'm not interested in any at this time.

gds

the brand is Ocean Pure .. I've never heard of it but some of you may ....

http://www.marinedepot.com/salt_marine_sea_synthetic_mix_oceanpure-ap.html

Edited by Glenn

Just to let anyone/everyone know, I got an email from MarineDepot advertising 200g box for $34.99 ... I know they usually have free shipping on $175+ but don't know if that includes salt or not .. and since I a fill-up from MrCoral when he had the 'mis-order', I'm not interested in any at this time.

gds

the brand is Ocean Pure .. I've never heard of it but some of you may ....

http://www.marinedepot.com/salt_marine_sea_synthetic_mix_oceanpure-ap.html

I found out and free shipping is not for Salt. Heavy load they still charge you shipping and handling. $6.70. So please do not fall for the free shipping from marinedepot. It is NOT for salt, just other items.

... It is NOT for salt, just other items.

oh well, I tried ...

bet they also don't ship 'oversized' items for free either !