Mystery Blenny

WaterDog

So we got this blenny from marine scene. The guy said he was a midas blenny, but now that we look at him we're not sure if he is. Is he a midas blenny who's just stressed or sick, or is he just something else?

post-2632200-12673032335_thumb.jpg

Looks like a midas to me. They look spotted like that when stressed. If you just got him he should return to his yellow as soon as he settles in (may take a couple of days).

Looks like it's in isolation with nothing to hide in, but can't tell for sure with the picture. If it is, give it something to hide in as it's not going to be comfortable without a hiding place. Oh, and I agree, it's a Midas.

Hmmm, I don't know. Do midas blennys have those two little antenna looking projections on their head? I've not seen any with those. Why don't you search here and see which one best matches what you have. It looks a little like a bicolor but I really can't tell by the pic you posted. is there anyway to reduce the pic?

http://aquarium-fish.liveaquaria.com/search?w=blenny[quote name=WaterDog'

date='27 February 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1267303236' post='307338]

So we got this blenny from marine scene. The guy said he was a midas blenny, but now that we look at him we're not sure if he is. Is he a midas blenny who's just stressed or sick, or is he just something else?

Oh, wait a minute....look at this one. Looks like an African gold Midas blenny

http://www.reefhotspot.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=4299&osCsid=34ca0f315384d2c2008e88c7e1c93c57

He's getting a little better today, there's a six-lined wrasse in there too. He doesn't seem to be bugging the blenny, but should I be aware of any possible problems?

Looks like it's in isolation with nothing to hide in, but can't tell for sure with the picture. If it is, give it something to hide in as it's not going to be comfortable without a hiding place. Oh, and I agree, it's a Midas.

There are a few pieces of PVC pipe and a flowerpot in there.