Vortech Help Please

Glenn

John - after we got home (wow are there ever people who can't drive in the snow - why don't they stay HOME!!!) from picking up the light bulbs and buying my MP-10, the VorTech doesn't work !!!!!! I hooked it up, plugged it in, some lights flash, and then NOTHING.

The second time I plugged it in, I noticed that the propeller 'jerked' once, then the lights flashed red/green but still no movement in the propeller.

I've put it all back in the box but I don't feel like putting up with the roads again today so I'll probably wait until Friday (no carpooler) and leave work at lunch time to bring it back.

I was sooooo hoping to experience what everyone has been raving about but this has left me empty .....

Edited by johnnybv

Did you follow the directions? It's been so long now that I can't remember the drill, but it seems like there was some setup out of the box before it would run. But maybe that was only because I got three of them, and had to set up the master/slave thing.

It sounds like maybe your propeller is bound up for some reason. Sucks you had to go so far, and get one that didn't work!

bob

As far as I can tell, I did .. there's no master/slave so it was just a matter of attaching it to the cube and plugging it in.

I saw in the manual where the red/green is a binding issue but the propeller seems to turn quite easily (when it's unattched from the motor). I'm thinking it's bound in the motor .. and I'm not touching that since it's brand new!

As for the drive, for us it's not that big of a deal - we travel anywhere for anything we're interested in .. but not after the 'fun' we had on the roads yesterday.

John - after we got home (wow are there ever people who can't drive in the snow - why don't they stay HOME!!!) from picking up the light bulbs and buying my MP-10, the VorTech doesn't work !!!!!! I hooked it up, plugged it in, some lights flash, and then NOTHING.

The second time I plugged it in, I noticed that the propeller 'jerked' once, then the lights flashed red/green but still no movement in the propeller.

I've put it all back in the box but I don't feel like putting up with the roads again today so I'll probably wait until Friday (no carpooler) and leave work at lunch time to bring it back.

I was sooooo hoping to experience what everyone has been raving about but this has left me empty .....

That's the vortech for you. I had issues getting it to start consistantly in the beginning but eventually it warms up. You have to play with the alignments until you get it right.

Call their support also. They do have a every responsive support guy.

Sorry about the roads yesterday, I did what I could but it just kept coming....

The Vortech set up is tricky and the directions need to be followed to a tee, and there is a break in period, but you should be able to get it to run with little effort. But more than just slap the 2 magnets together and plug it in.

I would be happy to take a look at it, or even just take it back if you prefer, but they are a great piece of equipment and once runing you will not be dissapointed. To avoid another unnecesary drive out here, I would review the directions and make sure you have hit all the points to make it work properly. It would also be worth a call to Vortech support, they are the experts in trouble shooting, I have had no problems with the ones I have been running so I really wouldnt be much good in that department. Please let me know how you want to handle it, but I think you whould give it another go, with a call to tech support, that will be the easiest, quickest and cost effective....

john

How thick is your glass on your tank? You will need to adjust the vortech to that. It will not run if the wetside is to close or to far away from the dry side.