My 90 Gallon Build

Novi

Well I am getting ready to start my 90 Gallon build. I downloaded that Google Sketchup and have been doing some beginging designs.

I will be building my own stand because I want something big and custom with secret compartments for my electronics and stuff, pluss one side will be eventually for propagation.

Anyways have a look and let me know what you guys think :) It is still a work in progress as I am still learning the software.....

BEG_FRONT_TANK.jpg

BEG_SIDE_TANK.jpg

BEG_FRONT_SUMP.jpg

Custom NAGA 30 Gallon Sump & MR2 Protein Skimmer

SCRT_COMPARTMENT.jpg

Closeup of the secret compartment which will house my electronics.

It looks like it's going to be a nice setup. I like the extra room on the stand, I wish I had some extra to put stuff while I'm working on the tanks..

It looks like it's going to be a nice setup. I like the extra room on the stand, I wish I had some extra to put stuff while I'm working on the tanks..

There was so many times I wish I had "extra" room on tanks I had before.... Thats why I am doing my own stand this time!

Do you already have the tank? If not I would recommend getting the tank as a non reef ready and drilling it with an overflow from glassholes.com. You will be much happier with the extra room in the tank. Those megaflow overflows are bulky and take up a lot of valuable real estate.

Do you already have the tank? If not I would recommend getting the tank as a non reef ready and drilling it with an overflow from glassholes.com. You will be much happier with the extra room in the tank. Those megaflow overflows are bulky and take up a lot of valuable real estate.

+1 I would drill it and install your own low profile overflow.

I already have the tank. It was a gift from my wife for Christmas. I told Jeff def. gonna get a rimless from him in the future with what you guys are talking about. I am addicted now and can't stop.. Hahah

• 2 months later...

looks like it is cool, cant wait to see what the sketchup images translated into!

Here are a couple recent pics but my camera isnt very good. Hope to pick up a good one here soon...

FTS:

100_0085.jpg

Clowns:

100_0088.jpg

Nightime:

100_0083.jpg

My custom EMT Light Rack:

100_0049.jpg

I will update with coral pics soon. Trying to get a SLR this weekend.

very clean looking...what are the specs on your led lighting...

Eric , those are just my clamp-on moon lights I got from TMS for like $25. They do a great job lighting the tank at night for how small they are. I actually dont even need two. One would have been fine but I didnt know.

• 4 weeks later...