Access denied - password reset did not work

Guest PupChow_temp

Guest PupChow_temp

I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this, but there doesn't seems to be a support section so I thought I will post it here.

I have reseted my forum password and went through the email validation, but the new username / temporary password combo is being rejected by the forum stating incorrect username and password. I made sure I copied / pasted the information into the fields and also tried different browsers, all without luck. It would be great if one of the Admins can help me reset my account password, I also want to bring this to your attention in case other people may have similiar issue as well.

Thank you so much!!

- PupChow

PupChow,

I've sent out a request to one of our webmasters. I've tried resetting your password myself but am receiving an error. We've seen this before. We'll get you fixed up. I'm going to temporarily elevate your temp account to member status so you can get full forum access until things get fixed.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Guest briscoe
PupChow,

I've sent out a request to one of our webmasters. I've tried resetting your password myself but am receiving an error. We've seen this before. We'll get you fixed up. I'm going to temporarily elevate your temp account to member status so you can get full forum access until things get fixed.

Tom

I'm having the same problem. xabo

Can those that have recently had problems logging in and required an officer to "fix" their account, please let me know if you attempted to change your e-mail address in your profile or did some other action in the forum system relating to your profile? I am trying to narrow down the problem, so I can apply a band-aid until we upgrade the IPB forum.

I've tried to replicate the issue with my account by changing my password and changing my e-mail address, but it had no impact. It seems to be related to users changing their e-mail address at some point. Not sure if recent or prior to the previous upgrade - maybe it is just turning into a problem.

xabo/briscoe - you should have a PM to restore your access (again!)