Acro Crabs

Der ABT

Well picked up two new pieces from F&F, went to dip them and was inspecting them prior to doing this, noticed 3 little crabs on em, took em off prior to the dip and then when i got them back in the QT they went right back to the same corals, hilarious little guys, here is the best pics i can get for ya

still in the bag

IMG_6349.jpg

IMG_6350.jpg

IMG_6351.jpg

and their homes

IMG_6353.jpg

IMG_6356.jpg

so you have 2 crabs in the came acro?

i'm asking because i was wondering if i could buy another crab to put with my existing one...wasn't sure if they would share the coral or not.

Can you actually buy acro crabs somewhere? I love the little things. Except the fuzzy blue-eyed devil-crabs...

bob

I've seen them there as well, but they seem to be a little big to be what I think of as acro crabs.

i agree, the ones on there now look big, but they did have one of the small whites ones with the black bandit mask a few days ago. That's the same kind i have in my acro colony now.

so you have 2 crabs in the came acro?

i'm asking because i was wondering if i could buy another crab to put with my existing one...wasn't sure if they would share the coral or not.

yeh i have two in one acro they came that way and havent really fought at all,

Go to F&F im sure there are a few more on the colonies, plus you get a sweet colony along with it.

im definately excited about em, first ones ive seen in person, had to do some research to be sure they were the right ones and not the bad kind.

really funny little guys though, amazingly good camo.

Ill get some better pics soon specially when they go in the display

I got my acro and acro crab from F&F too! I had no idea such a thing existed until I was dipping my acro and I saw him fall off. I scrambled to throw him in the tank and the next day he was back in the same acro, doing well to this day.

I have been seeing them the past few weeks in the Diver's Den section of LiveAquaria

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/CatDi...&page_num=2

I am struggling with whether I'm disappointed or happy about this. I, too, have seen them on there and wondered the whole time why they are pulling them out of their colonies.

On the one hand, I am guessing that they remove them before their QT process in which I hope they are dipping the corals, but on the other hand, I wish they would put them back afterwards as there's obviously a symbiotic relationship going on here. As far as buying one, I don't know if they are interchangeable or not, anyone know?

Oh, and I have gotten crabs from F&F, too (ugh, that sounds awful).