Happyfeets 75g Upgrade

cant wait to see the new pics, i think youll be much happier with this size tank. Glad to hear those zoa's have made it thru. Let me know if you ever need help. will be tagging along here.

are you gonna put anything underneath the stand so when there are spills it wont ruin your carpet? i dont know about you but i make a mess around my little tank.

Edited by mrphatstacks

are you gonna put anything underneath the stand so when there are spills it wont ruin your carpet? i dont know about you but i make a mess around my little tank.

I have a Large plastic tarp I put down around my tank, I did it on the 55gal and it worked really well. I cut it to fit around the stand and I just painters tape it in place.

I also don't fill my sump enough to overflow in the case of a power outage. Only time something spills is when the overflow gets clogged. I'm looking into fabricating something to prevent that from happening too. But right now I'm more worried about putting water in the tank since my fish/coral are hanging out in my 10 Gal.

I'm also worried because as I was measuring the stand to fit my new plumbing in place I realized there is a rather large AC/Heating duct that comes out right there. I may make a Plywood box to fit in there and channel the air out around the tank instead of right into my sump area.

Der ABT,

Thanks! I'm really happy they did too, they seem to be really happy now... the two polpys that survived. I'm thinking it may have been an error on my part, though everything I was testing form was coming up normal. :why:

As i was pulling out rock to put into the new tank I also saw the tiny little frag that used to have the Kenya tree on it. The Clowns had burried it and when I dug it out the places where I had pulled off the dead Kenya tree was spouting new tree's! That's one tough coral!! I'm going to have to keep that in mind if I decide I want to get rid of it down the line!!!

Once everything is in the new tank I'll have to bribe you into giving me a couple more Zoas so I can build a garden!

Edited by Happyfeet

• 1 month later...

I realized it's been a while since I updated this.

The only thing i can seem to get to grow is my Dragons Breath and Diatom Algae. Nitrate keeps going down to undetectable levels just long enough for me to think I've beaten it only to spike up to 20ppm or so. I've decided to just let everything level out for a little while, I've made no new additions and im doing my regular water changes. Once I get my Nitrate under control for more than a month I'll think about a new addition.

Picture001.jpg

Picture.jpg

The tank looks so much nicer since you painted the trim black. What kind of corals are you planning to stock?

Well Zoas are by far my favorite corals so I do want a really nice zoanthid garden. Aside from Zoanthids I haven't put much thought into it. I like SPS, but I doubt I'll have the water quality for it hah!

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Well I'd been having some issues with getting corals to live. Zoozilla came to my rescue and helped me figure out what was wrong! Big THANK YOU to Zoozilla!

Here is a Torch Coral I picked up from L8 2 RISE

The head top right had actually split into three different heads this morning. I'll get a picture.

DSCF4097.jpg

DSCF4099.jpg

I'll upload some more pictures this evening.

I got some nice corals from Jan, Trockafella, and Epleeds.

My tank still seems so bare, but I'm really excited I can start adding corals!! Corals are the entire reason I got into this hobby.

Edited by Happyfeet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
(edited)

Where did you find the Marbled Starfish?

I went out to BRK to get some hermits and snails, saw this guy in one of the tanks. Talked with Johnny and decided to go ahead and pick him up!

It's a really cool addition to the tank I enjoy it a lot.

I haven't been updating because I have this horrible looking algae that I'm battling, currently winning! It's red and it forms in a mat in high flow areas.

Edited by Happyfeet

Oh, yay bb.gif you got one. I love them. So pretty. So I read that water quality s key for this starfish' survival. If it starts hanging out at the top, mine did for 2 days, then it's not happy/not doing well and you should do a water change. I did a water change and it's been fine ever since. Does yours eat mysid shrimp?

A little update

Got a new Marbled Starfish

fishtank003-1.jpg

Edited by Jan

Comming along pretty good. Let me know when you want to start adding some corals. I need to do trimming in my tank. LOL

• 4 months later...

Took a couple pictures today figured I might share.

Butterflyfish005.jpg

Butterflyfish004.jpg

Butterflyfish003.jpg

Butterflyfish.jpg

Butterflyfish007.jpg

I've got to get a new camera ha! It doesn't like to take a good picture.

Still pretty light on the coral side. I'm probably going to start adding more SPS soon.

Edited by Happyfeet