What are the best food to preserve colors in fish??

sen5241b

The color in my Royal Gramma and a couple other fish seems to have faded quite a bit. What are the best food(s) to preserve colors in fish? Anyone seen dramatic results with any particular food? I read somewhere that vitamins help.

You'll probably get 50 different opinions here. Vitamins, foold soaked in selcon or similar with good HUFA's, and a large variety probably all might help.

Don't overlook good water quality and low stress as factors in coloration.

You'll probably get 50 different opinions here. Vitamins, foold soaked in selcon or similar with good HUFA's, and a large variety probably all might help.

Don't overlook good water quality and low stress as factors in coloration.

There is no one good food, the best approach is a varied diet. Included in that diet should be a pellet food that is fortified with vitamins and minerals, we like to use the Dainichi pellet and supplemnt with rods fodd, mysis shrimp, and formula 1 & 2 from time to time. It is also good practice during quarintine to feed a food that will clean ouy any internal paracites, usually including praziquantal and metrodianzonal.

john

I use Dainichi pellet with cylopeeze mixed with formula 1 & 2

There is no one good food, the best approach is a varied diet. Included in that diet should be a pellet food that is fortified with vitamins and minerals, we like to use the Dainichi pellet and supplemnt with rods fodd, mysis shrimp, and formula 1 & 2 from time to time. It is also good practice during quarintine to feed a food that will clean ouy any internal paracites, usually including praziquantal and metrodianzonal.

john

+1 I do all of the above, including spirulina and nori. All of my wrasses tear the nori up like a tang, so they must like it.

I think a lot of people miss the boat on QTing fish and using praziquantal and metrodianzonal to make sure any flukes or internal parasites are cleared out. Even though they may not kill a fish, they can severely impact the health, coloration, and general well being of all the specimens in our tanks.