Security issue at meeting tonight?

OUsnakebyte

Currently sitting outside aquarium downtown, and security is saying no meeting tonight, citing security issues...???

Ummmm???

iPhones rule, by the way...

For anyone in the area, they are rescheduling Copps for another date and are having a social tonight at Chip's in Mclean.

Mike

Really christina and I asked realllllll nice and the very nice security man let us in... we went down to the basement and had it all to ourselves walked around looked at some of the off displays the alligators were cool in tha dark, tried to call a few people to see what was up then left.

edit: Whoops logged in on her account - Jasonthefilterfreak

Edited by mexicanjavafish

Hey everyone, we apologize for the inconvenience tonight and will try to make it up to everyone who came and didn't get a meeting. There was a glitch in the paperwork submitted by the aquarium and even though all of us had it on the right date, there was a mix-up between the aquarium and the security who thought we were scheduled for last night. We are considering make-up dates and hopefully everyone who came out still got a chance to mingle and speak to Copps.

Honestly, I had a great time tonight! I got to see the aquarium for free, got to hang out and talk with fellow fish geeks, got to drink some beer and eat some pizza at a fish geek's house and didn't have to stay out all night doing it. Yes I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to hear Copp's talk on angels but I did get to talk with him one on one about other fun stuff. Fortunately he's local so I know I'll have another chance to hear it. All in all, it was a blast.

Also, I thought it really showed off how great the WAMAS community is. No one pitched a fit, someone opened their home to a crowd at the last minute and every one of the officers apologized and worked their butts off to make the best of a bad situation that wasn't their fault in any way.

i was alittle disappointed because i drove 2 hours to get there but at least we still got to go look around the aquarium and i got to see flowersellers tank for the first time. sushi was good too. :lol2:

I'm sorry for those that got turned away. Those that stayed at least got a 20 min or so chance to look around the aquarium (they finally allowed a walkthrough). We really appreciated everyones patience and understanding. Chip was generous enough to open up his house for a social, and John got to run through some of his slides there. We do feel terrible. Some came as far as Woodstock and were turned away. The aquarium is going to do something to make it up to us, we will keep everyone informed. They were working hard to try and remedy the situation, even calling the Marriot next door trying to get us a room.

For once we were early setting up, only to have to rush to tear down. Never is easy. :hammer: Again thanks to all the tried their best in a bad stiuation.

I'm glad this worked out the best it could considering the circumstances. It sounds like the club officers did a good job of mitigating the damage.

Props to Chip for opening his house to everyone.