Large tank purchase recommendations?

darkcirca

We are moving in October and decided this is the perfect time to upgrade to that 180 gallon tank (or another 72" long tank). We currently have a 90 gallon that's been setup for 2 years.

With that being said, I'm stumped on buying a new tank. We picked up this 90 gallon from Wally's, but were looking at options for the 180 gallon (mostly since we don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money.. we did just buy a house).

Does anyone have any recommendations on places to purchase a large tank, order one, or even have one built? I am in Fairfax, VA, but will travel to buy this thing.

So if you have an opinion on a place to buy, or even what to buy, please let me know!

Also - it must be reef ready.

Dimensions must be at least 72" long, 24" (or wider), and no more than 24" tall. I'm short, and can barely ready the bottom of the 90 as it is.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

There's a member on CMAS selling a 500+g tank. I think the tank was over 10 ft. long. Would make a nice purchase if you're looking to go big... and I mean, really big.

There's a member on CMAS selling a 500+g tank. I think the tank was over 10 ft. long. Would make a nice purchase if you're looking to go big... and I mean, really big.

I wish! I think the largest we can fit is 6ft long, as we are moving into a townhouse (2800sqft +/-). I do have plans in the future to setup a really nice tank and fish room. For now, the fish are going in the basement living area, and the reptiles get the downstairs bedroom.

I'll look at giving Mr.Coral a call. Thanks for the suggestion - I had never visited that store before

We are moving in October and decided this is the perfect time to upgrade to that 180 gallon tank (or another 72" long tank). We currently have a 90 gallon that's been setup for 2 years.

With that being said, I'm stumped on buying a new tank. We picked up this 90 gallon from Wally's, but were looking at options for the 180 gallon (mostly since we don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money.. we did just buy a house).

Does anyone have any recommendations on places to purchase a large tank, order one, or even have one built? I am in Fairfax, VA, but will travel to buy this thing.

So if you have an opinion on a place to buy, or even what to buy, please let me know!

Also - it must be reef ready.

Dimensions must be at least 72" long, 24" (or wider), and no more than 24" tall. I'm short, and can barely ready the bottom of the 90 as it is.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

talk to the guys at petland...they can hook you up with good tank prices...and its right there in Fairfax...

I might have a client that is interested in selling a 240 acrylic tank that is 6' long. It has 2) 400w PFO DE halides, a big Euro Reef Skimmer, 100 gal custom acrylic sump, 3 Tunzes 8100 w/ 7095 controller, AC3, Iwaki 7MDQ return, and 5 stage R/O. comes with #200 live rock covered in encrusting corals. Fish and other corals too.

I might have a client that is interested in selling a 240 acrylic tank that is 6' long. It has 2) 400w PFO DE halides, a big Euro Reef Skimmer, 100 gal custom acrylic sump, 3 Tunzes 8100 w/ 7095 controller, AC3, Iwaki 7MDQ return, and 5 stage R/O. comes with #200 live rock covered in encrusting corals. Fish and other corals too.

Thanks, but just looking for tank options right now. I've got a 90 gallon setup already, running for 2+ years, just want to upgrade after we move. Kinda wanted to start fresh with everything.