APEX Controllers in stock!

johnnybv

Definetely a cool controller.

I LOVE the new interface, and different options it has.

Its nice to see that a LFS got them in. I pre-ordered mine from NS.

Okay - not something you pay a lot of attention to most of the time (until you need something) - but do I have this puzzled out right?

There is no more AC-III; instead there is an AC-III PRO - and the price is about $500 (online)

There is an AC-Jr. $150-$200

There is also the APEX - which also costs about $500 (online - discounts from that can be had)

1. What is the advantage of the Apex or the AC-III PRO?

2. The apex can control:

*Up to 240 modules, hundreds of probes, and thousands of controlled outlets.*

What are 'modules'?? How do I add a bunch of probes?? Can I add probes to the AC-III?? This interests me, having multiple systems to monitor.

Thanks,

bob

Okay - not something you pay a lot of attention to most of the time (until you need something) - but do I have this puzzled out right?

There is no more AC-III; instead there is an AC-III PRO - and the price is about $500 (online)

There is an AC-Jr. $150-$200

There is also the APEX - which also costs about $500 (online - discounts from that can be had)

1. What is the advantage of the Apex or the AC-III PRO?

2. The apex can control:

*Up to 240 modules, hundreds of probes, and thousands of controlled outlets.*

What are 'modules'?? How do I add a bunch of probes?? Can I add probes to the AC-III?? This interests me, having multiple systems to monitor.

Thanks,

bob

The AC3 Pro has the option to add conductivity (salinity) and dissolved oxygen probes. None of the others do that.

The Apex is just the next iteration of AC3's technology, with refinements like power supply monitoring and reporting. That alone is worth upgrading IMO. I would guess that the add-on modules for the Apex will eventually support the salinity and DO probes like the AC3Pro.

You can add a probe expansion to the AC3, it's called the PX1000. I use one to monitor a separate system.

Edited by ctenophore

The AC3 Pro has the option to add conductivity (salinity) and dissolved oxygen probes. None of the others do that.

The Apex is just the next iteration of AC3's technology, with refinements like power supply monitoring and reporting. That alone is worth upgrading IMO. I would guess that the add-on modules for the Apex will eventually support the salinity and DO probes like the AC3Pro.

You can add a probe expansion to the AC3, it's called the PX1000. I use one to monitor a separate system.

Well said! the PX 1000 is the expansion box that gives you another 2 probe connections and another temp probe. you can daisy chain from that and even add more for more redundancy or separate systems. I may have one in stock if you are interested give us s call tomorrow.

john