how to adjust GSA8 skimmer

m3fan8ic

After I replaced my impeller my skimmer is not making much skimmate. I did have mesh wheel mod before and it was pulling all sorts of stuff..now there's pretty much nothing. I've never done the mesh wheel mod, skimmer came with one. What else I can do beside the mesh mod to improve the performance?

Sid

What do you have in the pump now? Not just a regular impeller, right? Is the pump an Eheim 1262?

With a stock 1262 impeller, you have the option of doing a mesh mod with some flatback enkamat pf4. Alternatively, both Euroreef and Deltec make pinwheel impellers that fit the 1262. You might have a problem getting your hands on the ($200) Deltec impeller, but the Euro-reef impeller can be purchased online for around $100. It's for the pump they identify as the SPE-5. http://commerce03.i2net.com/able55new/stor...2-P173C105.aspx

What do you have in the pump now? Not just a regular impeller, right? Is the pump an Eheim 1262?

With a stock 1262 impeller, you have the option of doing a mesh mod with some flatback enkamat pf4. Alternatively, both Euroreef and Deltec make pinwheel impellers that fit the 1262. You might have a problem getting your hands on the ($200) Deltec impeller, but the Euro-reef impeller can be purchased online for around $100. It's for the pump they identify as the SPE-5. http://commerce03.i2net.com/able55new/stor...2-P173C105.aspx

Yes it still has 1262 pump with new 1262 impeller, I think I might have the mesh mod that Dan sent me; I just need directions on how to install it properly perhaps.

After I replaced my impeller my skimmer is not making much skimmate. I did have mesh wheel mod before and it was pulling all sorts of stuff..now there's pretty much nothing. I've never done the mesh wheel mod, skimmer came with one. What else I can do beside the mesh mod to improve the performance?

Sid

Here is a thread showing pics of how to do the mesh wheel mod on a Sedra pump. I don't know how different it is for whatever pump you are using: LINK

Just and FYI,

Dan and I've been exchanging emails regarding my issue and he's been really helpful. I hope to get this issue resolved soon.

Good luck. Consider taking pictures through the whole process and post a DIY thread to document it. I'm sure it would be helpful to others in the future.

same thing happened to me when it was time to replace. i just cut it down and tweaked it till it worked and it does a great job. there is a thread about mesh wheel mods in general but calling dan will save you headaches and guesswork.