Dosing pumps!!

rsarvis

I got two dosing pumps recently for dosing two-part. Wow, what a convenience! I'd resisted for so long getting them b/c they're kind of expensive (to me, at least...), esp. considering you need two, but now I wish I'd gotten them sooner! They really make life nice. Between auto-top-off and dosing pump, I'm pretty happy with the convenience; my only daily task is now feeding, which is more fun than work.

I might get a larger auto-top-off tank so I can go longer than 5 days without worrying about water.

And then all I need is an automatic feeder, and I can happily go away for a week without worrying too much!

Anyway, if anyone still doses manually and is thinking about getting dosing pumps, I recommend them...

I support that 100%. After installing my ATO system and intergrated it with my Kalk stirrer. I found my self concentrating on my important things, like skimmer performance and making sure I have properly set water movement in the tank.

Yes, which ones did you get?

These are the ones I want to get some day (too expensive for me right now):

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/Two-Part-Kit...oduct_info.html

I use those for their 2-part and I have to admit I love not having to add it daily anymore. Nice pumps if/when you decide to get them. I'm setting up the 50ml/min version for a auto top off soon.

I got these...

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/Plumbing-and...oduct_info.html

I don't have the experience to compare them to anything else, but they're silent and appear to be doing their jobs. They are slightly different in speed, so I put the faster one on the part-B, b/c my Alk is always lower than my Ca.