Glen's 250 Gallon upgrade

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, the tank is here. It was a task getting this into the basement.

Thanks

John

Bob

Ozzy

Eric

Leo

Ernesto

Kevin

I think that's everyone. Now to get the old one back upstairs and finish the stand.

Here a few pictures of the move.

250-5.jpg

250-6.jpg

250-7.jpg

250-8.jpg

250-9.jpg

250-10.jpg

250-11.jpg

250-12.jpg

250-13.jpg

250-14.jpg

250-15.jpg

250-16.jpg

250-17.jpg

250-18.jpg

250-19.jpg

250-20.jpg

250-21.jpg

250-22.jpg

250-23.jpg

250-24.jpg

250-25.jpg

250-26.jpg

250-27.jpg

250-28.jpg

250-29.jpg

250-30.jpg

250-31.jpg

250-32.jpg

250-33.jpg

Nice photos. Looks like the move went smoothly. How long did it take you guys to get that tank into the house?

About 20 minutes with a few breaks for planning.

no....the next step is building a stand...then it goes up....and that tank is huge....i love the 36" depth...but im more partial to 20" height. not the 27" that is has....but hey...its still an awesome tank..i cant wait to see it full.

Looks like a couple of the helpers took the day off! Didn't see a couple of guys with their hands on the tank at all! ;)

That's a sweet tank - I love that depth! It's going to look fantastic when it's set up!

Oh, and I think that the BRK mobile needs a tail and a coral hood ornament.

no....the next step is building a stand...then it goes up....and that tank is huge....i love the 36" depth...but im more partial to 20" height. not the 27" that is has....but hey...its still an awesome tank..i cant wait to see it full.

I saw that tank and its stand up in Tacoma Park, MD fully stocked with LPS and SPS corals. It is a very nice and large tank. Both Glen and I agree the original stand for that exact tank is a bit on the short side and you dinf your self looking over the tank rather than thru the tank. But I know he has some great guys helping him with the work.

(edited)

Looks like you had enough helping hands. Glad to hear you got it in there safe an sound with out any problems. Getting eager to see that bad boy full with live stock. Truly a sweet tank!

Edited by Nate

Looks like you had enough helping hands. Glad to hear you got it in there safe an sound with out any problems. Getting eager to see that bad boy full with live stock. Truly a sweet tank!

Thanks Nate. It's moving along on schedule.

Here's a quick update.

The back is now black, I didn't realize how hard it would be to apply the backing by myself. The last time I did this it was a three foot tank.

Back of tank.

stand-1.jpg

We're about 75% done with the stand. Hopefully we'll be done by the weekend.

stand-2.jpg

stand-3.jpg

stand-4.jpg

stand-5.jpg

stand-6.jpg

stand-7.jpg

Keep the pics coming. Love the depth of the tank. Cant wait to see it operational.

I'm trying :biggrin: . I was hoping to get this all done before school started back up, but that didn't happen :(. So I'm working on this every chance I get. Hopefully I'll have the tank on the stand sometime next week.

Looks awesome bro! Thanks again for helping me update the aquacontroller. I love this iPhone program!!!!

No problem any time. Love the new setup.

About to start making water, hope it stays as clear as yours. :)