newly interested in favias

treesprite

I have recently beome interested in favias, but I don't know what all kinds there are, just that I fell in love with one that was at Aquarium One a few weeks ago, and now can't get it out of my thoughts.

Who has favias who would like to share some information, suggestions, advice, and pictures? All would be appreciated!

If you ever decide to frag these please let me know.

I do have a unique one. But name is uncertain.

gallery_1457_510_141183.jpg

gallery_1457_510_43351.jpg

+1

How beautiful!

I have been trying to get a frag of that for months....... I think it's time to frag it.

I have been trying to get a frag of that for months....... I think it's time to frag it.

+1. Looks like baby's breath favia.

Thank you everyone for showing interest. I was told that it's not a favia and was given a name. But after months of searching, there is no match. And indeed it looks like favia in formation. I was also told that it was expensive when the person first acquired it years ago. So, if you're seriouly interested pm me.

I was trying to find corals that looked like these and the closest match were Aussie Acans and War corals. Favites pretty much all look the same. Some have nicer coloring than others but nothing bright like these.

(edited)

I'm a huge fan of favias. Here's one I inherited from a reefer back in '04. It was on the underside of a rock clinging to life and grew out nicely. I keep it in medium light/medium flow and feed it crushed flakes a few times a week.

Jon

favia0006-1.jpg

Edited by amos

I saw one like this online when I was looking for the other ones. It's gorgeous. Is it really light blue or do the actinics do this?

I'm a huge fan of favias. Here's one I inherited from a reefer back in '04. It was on the underside of a rock clinging to life and grew out nicely. I keep it in medium light/medium flow and feed it crushed flakes a few times a week.

Jon

favia0006-1.jpg

Very nice.

THe one at Aquarium One I was drawn to , was labeled "iceman favia", but there was no scientific name available and I can't find anything on the interenet called "iceman favia".

I saw one like this online when I was looking for the other ones. It's gorgeous. Is it really light blue or do the actinics do this?

I don't run actinic bulbs, but I do run blue+. This was taken with the full lights on. I don't edit photos, so this is what came out when I took the pic. It was a top-down.

Jon