Reefcentral = Toast.

Ryan S

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew.

Just in case anybody's interested, I zipped my collection of RHF reef chemistry articles (PDF) and posted them here: RHF Reefkeeping Articles

It's a 22 MB download covering basic seawater composition, beginner and advanced reef chemistry, DIY chemical supplements, and common problems & solutions.

Thank you for the file Tom!!!

Thank you for the file Tom!!!

You're welcome. I did miss this one: How to Guide - Reef Chemistry for Beginners, Part 4, What Chemicals May Detrimentally Accumulate

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-09/rhf/index.php

Include it with the other files and you'll have a reasonably complete reference of RHF articles on reef chemistry.

I've uploaded the PDF version here:

Rapidshare Link to PDF

You're welcome. I did miss this one: How to Guide - Reef Chemistry for Beginners, Part 4, What Chemicals May Detrimentally Accumulate

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-09/rhf/index.php

Include it with the other files and you'll have a reasonably complete reference of RHF articles on reef chemistry.

I've uploaded the PDF version here:

Rapidshare Link to PDF

Thanks again Tom!!

Wow, this makes me a little sad. I helped start RC back in the day, I even hosted it for the first 3 years. I left when John Link took over in 01 or 02. It has gone far downhill over the past few years though, so maybe this is good in a way. I hope they can recover the data and put it into read-only archive mode, but I certainly wouldn't mind if some of the RC moderators never resurface in the hobby again. No offense Scott (traveller7) :)
None taken :>) Lucky for me, I was offline most of the last couple of months and even missed the whole event :eek: I suppose I did my time with the Hurricane Charlie outage ;>)

As an ancient RC user, you dont happen to have a copy of LarryM pushing the RC Shopvac? Nobody can find the dang thing anymore! Threads are still out there, but pictures have always been a problem on the old bboard software at RC has been using.

Be interesting to watch the 10 year mark roll past, hopefully on the new version of code and with many of the features we have been working toward for the last few years.

Cheers.

None taken :>) Lucky for me, I was offline most of the last couple of months and even missed the whole event :eek: I suppose I did my time with the Hurricane Charlie outage ;>)

As an ancient RC user, you dont happen to have a copy of LarryM pushing the RC Shopvac? Nobody can find the dang thing anymore! Threads are still out there, but pictures have always been a problem on the old bboard software at RC has been using.

Be interesting to watch the 10 year mark roll past, hopefully on the new version of code and with many of the features we have been working toward for the last few years.

Cheers.

LOL I will look. I definitely remember it. What about wayback machine? Do they store pics there?

I have one of the old style RC tee shirts, the one with the yellow tang logo.

LOL I will look. I definitely remember it. What about wayback machine? Do they store pics there?

I have one of the old style RC tee shirts, the one with the yellow tang logo.

Pictures have always been problematic over the upgrades, even when hosted on RC, dont even get me started on how many times I have edited old threads repair the "red" X's.

"Way back" pictures were not linked/stored the same, and even worse, you might remember that old RC threads were deleted to save space, hence the "tag for archive" option to save the good stuff. Thankfully, all the good embarrassing stuff is still buried behind lock and key only to be pulled out to remind folks exactly what they posted after some rant, binge, etc. ;>)

Oldest in public I have seen with semi functional links is here...check out the staff back then, who is that ctenowhatsitfella?!

http://web.archive.org/web/20001026153823/...m/bio/staff.htm

Early sponsor, avatar, server, news, etc.:

http://web.archive.org/web/20001026233319/...om/sitenews.htm

fwiw: Pretty sure it was Horge that did the editing of Larry M's 125 breakage pick, file name(megavac) if that helps...but I have not found any active links left online :(

(edited)

This, from one of the 2000 tanks of the month brought a grin to my face:

"I have the Neptune connected to a modem on a separate phone line so I can remotely dial into my tank from my laptop and check the tanks parameters." :)

It is pretty interesting to read and see what was being done almost a decade ago.

Edited by Boret

I find the information from RC very helpful and would miss it if the site was ever to really vanish. I don't post or go through threads because it would be way too overwhelming with so many new posts every day.... it's easier to take advantage of other people giving me links to the threads I need :)