my 1st independently drilled holes :-)

treesprite

(edited)

Thanks for the lessons Bob (YBeNormal)!

As you can see from the pictures, I had a bit of trouble keeping the drill in place, but I think these will be fine with the bulkheads in them. I believe the problem is that all my drilling has been with somewhat dull bits, and this bit is brand new. The drill is also new.... got one with a side handle because I thought it would help me hold steadier.

twin.jpg

First hole:

hole1.jpg

Second hole:

hole2.jpg

Edited by treesprite

I had trouble figuring out where to put the holes, because I didn't want holes in more than one panel of glass. The upper one is for a return that will be T-ed inside of the tank, and the other is a drain hole.

you can also try taking a wood bit of the same size as your diamond bit, and drilling a 1/2'" piece of plywood, and then using that as a guide for your glass bit.

you can also try taking a wood bit of the same size as your diamond bit, and drilling a 1/2'" piece of plywood, and then using that as a guide for your glass bit.

Yeah, I did think about that, but I figured if I drilled at the ff without such a guide , I could drill my tank at home without one.

I'm feeling "drill happy" now trying to think of things to drill. If I hadn't put so much into my aquascaping, I'd take the 65 down and drill it now instead of waiting.

• 10 years later...

Haha. I was looking for some other thread and found this one. I love drilling tanks. I drill everything that can be drilled.