Time for a change....

lanman

Nice looking!! Is this on the tank that is having nitrate issues?

No - this is on the frag system (33-gal and 40-gal tanks) - the one with no nitrates!! (Hopefully this won't screw THAT up)

bob

Looks great, Bob. I'm glad everythings doing well. Thanks for the update. Just let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Have a happy and safe 4th.

Mike

Big improvement Bob. Got any pics of the entire *** system? I still have not seen your new 40 gallon tank.

(edited)
Big improvement Bob. Got any pics of the entire *** system? I still have not seen your new 40 gallon tank.

33-gallon original on the left, new 40-gallon tank on the right. Will get a better picture; but the camera's battery just died. The 58-gallon tank (2 years old) out of the picture to the right will VERY soon be swapped for a 50-gallon 'stock tank' The 33-gallon tank is 22 months old.

fragsystem.jpg

bob

Edited by lanman

Looks great, Bob. I'm glad everythings doing well. Thanks for the update. Just let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Have a happy and safe 4th.

Mike

I haven't tried shutting the pumps off yet, to see if it overflows the new refuge/sump. :) But I figure my water space went up at least 3-4 gallons. Thanks for building me that tank!

bob

Looking good Bob!

Before I got mine custom made from the guy up here, I used the calculators on reef central to make sure that I had enough space for overflow. All you do is put in the dimensions and it calculates it for you.

Looking good Bob!

Before I got mine custom made from the guy up here, I used the calculators on reef central to make sure that I had enough space for overflow. All you do is put in the dimensions and it calculates it for you.

Hmmm... but so much depends on backflow through the pump; how deep you have your input line, overflows, check valves, etc. And this setup, with a higher tank flowing into a lower tank - might make the calculator work hard for a living.

bob

I see you got a tek light above that 40 gallon...did you finally breakdown and order a new one or did you find someone selling one used?