Fragging a Brain coral

Have a Huge brain coral in my tank....Might be a silly question...But can you frag this thing.?

yes you can, use a tile saw or dremel. Just cut it up!

is it really that easy..?....what should i do with the frags after i cut.?

Then spread them out on the sand bed... or glue them onto rocks... the edges will heal up, and it will start growing again.

bob

(edited)

I have one that I fragged twice. NOT that easy. Wear eye protection when using the dremel. I wore gloves too. It slimes up fast and crumbles apart. I was told to use masonry tools but I didn't know which ones to get. I used a dremel and a scalpal. Try to cut around the mouths first with a scalpal then use the dremel from bottom up then top down. I did dip them in lugols, diluted of course, after I was done. I thought it would be good for healing. It can't hurt.

Edited by Jan

Hammer and screwdriver will work on a brain coral, that's what I use on my Tyree Cyphastria. No need for a fancy tile saw or dremel, unless you want to control the frag sizes!

No need for a fancy tile saw or dremel, unless you want to control the frag sizes!

I tried this the first time I got the coral just to chip away a little to try to make it smaller and I broke it into 3 huge pieces. No control over size this way is correct.