Scales TFW closing

astroboy

Saw this on cmas-md.org. Not many decent stores on the east side of DC. Got a couple of really nice torches from them a few months back for alot less than they were worth. Nice people, no complaints at all. Sorry to see them go.

SCALES Tropical Fish Warehouse will be closing its doors at the end of the month. The principals have decided to close the retail front and focus on our service and custom installation activities.

Everything has got to go!

All retail goods and livestock are 50% off. All store fixtures, tanks, equipment, etc. are for sale. There's a lot of stuff here to be sold! See the web for details.

We have a ton of tanks and other equipment that would be great for display systems, breeding/propagation systems, sumps, refugia and much more.

Sincere thanks to everyone who has supported us over the years and we hope you can come by and take advantage of our liquidation to further your own pursuit in the hobby.

http://www.scales-tfw.com

Yup. Andrew already posted this under the the Vendor News. I have already stopped by a couple times. Everything in the store is 50% off. They are also selling all of their display tanks as they empty them.

thats a darn shame one of the nice and local fish store in MD

+1

they were a really convenient trip for us too. 2 miles from home, and they were always willing to get stuff in for us and QT it.

as of yesterday afternoon, they still had a decent amount of FW stuff, and a lot of used tanks.

we picked up a 45g and stand for future projects for less than the cost of the stand originally.

sad to see them go.

thats a darn shame one of the nice and local fish store in MD

Yep. One of the few places in MD I enjoyed shopping at. Livestock always fat and happy.

(edited)

Sadly, this weekend's trip to Scales was my first and, because of their closing, probably my last. I did pick up a nice 15 gallon (drilled) which will make for a nice mantis tank. I was going to drill my 10 g but, for $15 I got a nicer tank, drilled, with a bulkhead, strainer, elbow and barb. What a deal! If you need a QT and don't have one, I recommend that you stop by.

I also picked up a handful of fish, including an unplanned adoption of a sargassum trigger that Dave (mogurnda) pointed out to me.

Everything's half price.

Edited by Origami2547

What a bummer that place was so convenient. Just a five minute drive down Briggs Chaney. I hate to see them go. I geuss I'll stop by on my way home from work and see if there's anything left. Does anyone khow how long the liquidation sales been going on already? Is the SW livestock completely gone?

(edited)

Sad to hear this as well. I sincerely hope that focusing on the installation and maintenance end of the business is a successful venture for everyone involved. Streamlining is a proven business model when faced with hard economic times. Good luck guys!

Edited by dandy7200