Draining in RODI units

mling

I finally installed my TyphoonIII RODI unit that I bought in the Air,Water & Ice group buy. I know that it is normal, and in fact required, that water be flushed down the drain during the creation of RODI water. I always hear the trickle of water in my previous RODI units. The problem I have with my new install is that when I leave the

It should be in the closed, 90 degree position.

Is it normal for lots of water to be draining in that position ? I have enough water to fill a gallon mike jar in a minute when it is in that position.

Yes, expect 3-4 times the waste water as the good. Check the TDS if that's at 0, then whatever you're doing, you're doing it right.

So when you are NOT making RODI water, do you turn the unit off ? Like turning the valve to the 45 degree angle ?

My previous unit had a pressure tank and I had never had to turn any thing off.

So when you are NOT making RODI water, do you turn the unit off ? Like turning the valve to the 45 degree angle ?

My previous unit had a pressure tank and I had never had to turn any thing off.

Nope, I always leave my unit alone. The only time I run the fast flush valve is after I add new media.

My fast flush valve is always closed unless I'm backflushing the membrane. When I am backflushing the membrane, the RO/DI output valve is closed, the DI Bypass valve is opened, and the fast flush valve is opened. None of my valve handles is ever at 45 degrees. They're always either at 0 or 90 degrees.