Sixline's 150 gallon tank build.

Ok time to bring the build thread up to date.

Here are some better pictures of the water change system.

NationalZoo09139.jpg

This shows the tree way value used to redirect the return water to the 55 gallon barrel instead of the sump.

While that

Looks absolutely great! I guess you already know since I told you that on CMAS! Thanks again for the pics and tips!

Thanks Larry and Rik Here is a small update:

Lights are wired up and ready to install over the tank and I got the fuge hooked up. So here's some pics.

lights010.jpg

lights013.jpg

lights001.jpg

lights002.jpg

lights006.jpg

lights005.jpg

lights007.jpg

lights009.jpg

and let there be light and was it good :bounce:

lights022.jpg

lights026.jpg

lights027.jpg

lights023.jpg

Fiji purple T5

lights019.jpg

Blue Plus

lights020.jpg

atinic plus

lights018.jpg

I went with two blue plus and Fiji in the pictures. That's it for now I'll post more after the lights are installed. Thanks

Thanks zoozilla, oh yeah I have the reflectors just didn't have time last night to pop them on. I wanted to fire up the T5s and see how they looked. I can't wait to get them installed, the tank just doesn't look complete. I'm hoping to find time this weekend to get everything hooked up.

Hi all time for an update:

Well I have some cheto growing in the fuge (Thanks Tony) the fuge has been run 24/7 for about 7 days now, and diatom algae is growing like mad on the sand bed. The display finally has lights! I

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
(edited)

Time for alittle update, these are pictures I took this weekend, not the greatest but I'm still experimenting with my SLR. Hope you enjoy them anyways.

Full tank shot:

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0399.jpg

Left side:

DSC_0203.jpg

Right side:

DSC_0196.jpg

Fish:

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

DSC_0354.jpg

Corals:

DSC_0327.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0320.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

Edited by six-line

Whoa!! Six-line that is a very nice setup you have going on in there. A lot of cool ideas and concepts. I love your frag tank. You also have me now researching those LED lights!!! LOL Excellent job with the rocks!

Keep the pics coming.

More details on the LEDs! Unless I missed something along the way? Looks like they have their own transformer that they're attached to so that they go into a mogul base?

More details on the LEDs! Unless I missed something along the way? Looks like they have their own transformer that they're attached to so that they go into a mogul base?

Yeah I am curious myself. What are teh long term benfits of using LED's? I mean in a ecological stand point.

The LEDs I bought from a guy named Tulio, they are very similar to the ones Boret that you found but not quite. I saw those at MACNA in Atlanta, they do produce what they state on there web site. The ones that I bought were to have the same output as a 175 watt MH, After I finally got them (almost 6months) the PAR readings were dismal and the spread was about 1

Wow :sad: sorry to hear about the LEDs. Hopefully, when things settle out with Tulio, you'll get some sort of refund? For primary lighting, do you see yourself going with another brand of LEDs or another technology?

The next time I head north, I'll definitely plan a visit to Atlas Aquarium.

Hi Zoozilla

Yep it sticks on ice about the LEDs and Tullio will not be getting OUT for a Very, Very long time. So that moneys gone, live and learn. I like LED lighting as an option for aquariums alot and have been looking at the DIY forums to see if I can improve these but I haven't had alot of time to really research what I could do. I have to say I am impressed with the T5s so far I'm adding two more hopefully this weekend. I need more blue to get the colors to pop.

• 2 weeks later...

That blows about your LED lighting, sorry to hear such bad news.