Fins and Feathers

zygote2k

I paid a visit to F&F today and was pleasantly surprised. This place is a true family pet store. Mom works with son and fiancee to run a very nice pet store in Ashburn. There were friendly birds, a decent selection of dog and cat supplies as well as small animals and reptiles. They have a nice assortment of freshwater plants and a large selection of aquacultured corals at very reasonable prices. Pay a visit to this little gem and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I can't wait until they get all the coral tanks back online... right now I believe there is one out of three running but that was when I was there a week or two ago...

(edited)

The SPS frag tank is up and running now as well as the tank with the LPS and softies. It's nice to have a knowledgeable shop right here in Ashburn. Sean's been experimenting with the lighting in his LPS tank and stuff is coloring up beautifully. If you haven't been by, you should make the effort to get out to the store. It's just a minute off the Greenway at Claiborne Parkway in the Safeway shopping center.

Edited by Origami2547

thanks for the kind words guys!!! Its nice to feel the "love" once and a while.

Thanks for your continued support

Sean

man how come I cant have a good LFS within 10 minutes of me.

Chris, it sounds like there's several of us in close proximity to one another. Francis is off Claiborne, I'm off Waxpool. Where are you?

Chris, it sounds like there's several of us in close proximity to one another. Francis is off Claiborne, I'm off Waxpool. Where are you?

Off Broadlands Blvd, near St. Theresa's Church.

FWIW, I grow Halymenia (dragons breath) in a unique way that makes the stuff grow fast and beautiful. Of the 3 LFS's that I gave it to, only Sean seemed genuinely interested in learning and recreating the conditions that I use.

This is the type of attitude and customer service that we need in all of our LFS's.

BTW, how is the algae doing?

FWIW, I grow Halymenia (dragons breath) in a unique way that makes the stuff grow fast and beautiful. Of the 3 LFS's that I gave it to, only Sean seemed genuinely interested in learning and recreating the conditions that I use.

This is the type of attitude and customer service that we need in all of our LFS's.

BTW, how is the algae doing?

Algae is doing great!! Just in a couple of days it completely offset and stopped the diatom bloom I was getting on our re-established sps tray. I really think Zygotes on to something with this lil trick! Remember how Chaeto tumbling was the craze after ORA started doing it to sell their chaeto commercially and relieve their grow outs of algae growth? Well, the dragons breath is far more attractive, a great algae source for tangs and it SUCKS the nutrients out of the water. It works tons better when its in high flow, like Zygote showed me.

FWIW, it think this algae is much better than chaeto...doesnt get stringy and creep all over and it is a Nitrate magnet!

Thanks Zygote!

Sean

Alright, Rob, I'm up for trying your Dragons Breath algae trick. Drop me a line when you've got some that I could play with sometime! Either that or I'll be stopping by F&F when Sean's trimming his crop. :biggrin: