Super petz

martin

That place is so bad I just had to laugh and go to Wally's. I was looking for Killifish and substrate for a freshwater tank and just had to leave after one of the employees walked away mumbling some thing in response to a question about Killifish.

I wonder if they are laundering money and just don't want real income.

That place is so bad I just had to laugh and go to Wally's. I was looking for Killifish and substrate for a freshwater tank and just had to leave after one of the employees walked away mumbling some thing in response to a question about Killifish.

I wonder if they are laundering money and just don't want real income.

Well i am interested to find out if your visit to Wally's was any better?

I went to SuperPetz this weekend and laughed myself.

That tank in the back near the 175 bowfront that used to have corals in it...I think it is a 180?

It is about 3/4 or more totally full of caulerpa now. I've never seen a bigger chunk of caulerpa. There were a couple fish sitting on top of the caulerpa. Soon they won't have any swimming room at all.

I've also been a regular customer of Wally's for many years. I did not stop there yesterday because my last few visits have left me disappointed and wondering if they are going to do SW at all. How is their quantity, selection, and prices for SW stuff? Seems to me like Petland a few miles down on the same road has Wally's and SuperPetz beat by a long, long way right now.

tim

I went to SuperPetz this weekend and laughed myself.

That tank in the back near the 175 bowfront that used to have corals in it...I think it is a 180?

It is about 3/4 or more totally full of caulerpa now. I've never seen a bigger chunk of caulerpa. There were a couple fish sitting on top of the caulerpa. Soon they won't have any swimming room at all.

I've also been a regular customer of Wally's for many years. I did not stop there yesterday because my last few visits have left me disappointed and wondering if they are going to do SW at all. How is their quantity, selection, and prices for SW stuff? Seems to me like Petland a few miles down on the same road has Wally's and SuperPetz beat by a long, long way right now.

tim

Wally's is hanging in there, not much for corals though. I did go to Petland today, looks good. The best, IMO, area fish store is pristine aquariums. That has got to be the nicest kept place ever. Great owner as well.

SuperPetz, is pretty bad and wally's is not much better. It always amazes me that SuperPetz and other petstores would rather let a coral and fish sit in a tank and die because no one will pay what they are asking. Go figure...

SuperPetz used to have great stuff for good price..I used to get blue torts there for half price..

I went there yesterday to see the nano tank and they have Oceanic NanoCube in very good price..

i go there to check their stocks of aquarium..because they carry most recent aquariums ..(not buying it, just feel the trend ).

• 6 months later...

I am not a fan of Superpetz. I have had poor service here many times. Later to find out that the person who gave me poor service with such a bad attitude was the owner. (Owned and run by husband and wife)

I am not a fan of Superpetz. I have had poor service here many times. Later to find out that the person who gave me poor service with such a bad attitude was the owner. (Owned and run by husband and wife)

Was the husband or the wife who gave your the attitude? It was the wife who I had the problem with. The husband is reasonable.

Was the husband or the wife who gave your the attitude? It was the wife who I had the problem with. The husband is reasonable.

They both have problems.

The wife has more of the typical loud, arrogant bad attitude.

The husband has more of a creepy, look at you from the corner of his eye, and "never want to help you because he is too good to" type problem.

SuperPetz SW stuff has always been a joke. Ever look at their LR or the big tank (180?) right above the LR? They stay in business with dry goods, dog, cat, etc.

I was saddened the other day while I was in Super Petz.

This is an actual conversation I overheard, to the best of my memory

Person: I'd like to buy this yellow fish

Clerk: The Yellow Tang?

Person: Yes thats the one.

Clerk: Alright, <scoops the fish out>

Person: He wont eat my Tetras will he?

Clerk: Wait, what?

Person: My Tetras, he won't eat them right? they are pretty small

Clerk: This is a salt water fish! What kind of tank do you have?

Person: Oh... a salt water tank

Clerk: How big is the tank?

Person: It's a pretty good size above average I would say

Clerk: How many gallons?

Person: A lot of gallons

Clerk: What are your water readings?

Person: What do you mean?

Clerk: When you test your water what does it come up as?

Person: Test it for what? It comes up good on everything.

Clerk: Whats your PH?

Person: Oh its good too!

Clerk: What does it read though?

Person: Oh it reads average

Clerk: What color is the test when you test it?

Person: It's a clear

Clerk: thats not a color on the test...

Person: Oh well before i do the test its clear afterwards its blue.

I was snickering to hard to myself to really follow the rest of the conversation, but when I walked around the corner the guy was HANDING the fish to the guy. :cry:

• 1 month later...

LOL.... Ahhhh Super Petz. Theres like 3 people who work there, most of them young. There usually so busy running around or taking smoke breaks or lunch breaks I am willing to bet I could load a 100+ Gallon Tank and walk right out of that place and they would never even notice! It is a complete joke. And I feel so bad for that big shark in that glass tank up the front... It looks like he just sleeps in the tunnel waiting to be put out of his missory.

They both have problems.

The wife has more of the typical loud, arrogant bad attitude.

The husband has more of a creepy, look at you from the corner of his eye, and "never want to help you because he is too good to" type problem.

SuperPetz SW stuff has always been a joke. Ever look at their LR or the big tank (180?) right above the LR? They stay in business with dry goods, dog, cat, etc.

lol you hit the nail right on the head!