A Day in DC

SteveM

Well I braved the spring break crowds in DC and spent the day there yesterday taking pictures. Here are a few from around the monuments. I'll be posting more on my web site later this evening. (see my sig for web site)

Let me know what you think......

CB1.jpg

CB2.jpg

CB3.jpg

CB4.jpg

Linc1.jpg

Linc2.jpg

Linc3.jpg

Linc4.jpg

VNM1.jpg

WW2_1.jpg

Capitol.jpg

WashDC_CB1tall.jpg WashDC_CB2tall.jpg

WashDC_1tall.jpg WashDC_2tall.jpg

WashDC_3tall.jpg WashDC_4tall.jpg

Thanks guys.

Jon, Right now I'm using a Nikon D80. Planning on making the jump to a D700 soon. I used a few different lens for these pics. A Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 VR, a Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED AF-S DX VR and my best lens, a Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG/HSM lens.

nice shots! good choice going during the week - much smaller crowds.

how do you like that sigma 70-200? I'm thinking one of the 70-200s will be my next lens choice - just not sure whether I want to spend all the extra cash to go for the canon to have image stabilization or if the sigma will do the job.

nice shots! good choice going during the week - much smaller crowds.

how do you like that sigma 70-200? I'm thinking one of the 70-200s will be my next lens choice - just not sure whether I want to spend all the extra cash to go for the canon to have image stabilization or if the sigma will do the job.

Daniel,

I think it is a great lens, especially for the money. Every review I found on it before buying it was positive. If you look at the picture I took of the Capitol, I was several blocks away from it and it is one of the sharpest images I have ever taken. (Look at it full size and zoom in)

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Steve nice pics, I really like some of the compositions..

Edited by m3fan8ic