Looking for LFS near Metro RAIL in DC metro area?

EcoGirl22

So i think the title says it all. Looking for a LFS with fair prices on pep shrimps and emerald crabs. Prefer is its within 1 mile of a Metro RAIL, but will take metro bus if necessary. I live on the orange and blue line in Rosslyn, VA.

I can also bike about 3 miles (getting over ankle surgery) from a Metro stop to the LFS....

Anyone know of any mass transit friendly options?

THANKS!

So i think the title says it all. Looking for a LFS with fair prices on pep shrimps and emerald crabs. Prefer is its within 1 mile of a Metro RAIL, but will take metro bus if necessary. I live on the orange and blue line in Rosslyn, VA.

I can also bike about 3 miles (getting over ankle surgery) from a Metro stop to the LFS....

Anyone know of any mass transit friendly options?

THANKS!

Yea, definitely no LFS near metro. After the silver line is built, there will be. But that's going to be a few years ....

See if someone near you is heading out to one this weekend and can either take you or pick some things up for you. A couple of the people that live near me always call around when someone's heading out to offer either a ride or to pick things up.

I think Pristine Aquariums is within biking distance to Van Doran Station. One pretty steep hill in between. But, it's definately within 3 miles. They are in the vendors section so you can check the address

Edited by BigWyll

I think Pristine Aquariums is within biking distance to Van Doran Station. One pretty steep hill in between. But, it's definately within 3 miles. They are in the vendors section so you can check the address

Thanks I'll check them out. I do use zip car, but hate to spend 14$ for a car to p/u a 15-25$ worth of shrimp and crabs!

Aquarium One is in biking distance from Rockville or twinbrook metro.

That's definitely a good option. Call first though, they are usually pretty light on shrimp and non-hermit crabs.

I have 2 peppermint shrimp that I'm planning on selling and I live steps (1-2 minute walk) from the Dunn Loring Metro. pm me if you're interested.

Aquarium One is in biking distance from Rockville or twinbrook metro.

definitely closer to rockville station, would say about 10 minute walk from there but there is one in congressional plaza that would be close to the twinbrook station, they have ok deals, aquarium one is the better one of the two. Also tropical fish world is really close to the Shady Grove station.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to walk from the Red Line to Congressional. (Twinbrook sticks in m mind, but... I can't quite remember). Takes ~10-15 minutes, depending on how fleet of foot you are...

Cheers

Mike