The Inaguaral WAMAS Golf Classic!

dbartco

Ok, I wanted to get this out there so that every hacker out there can dust the sticks off, practice a bit this summer, and come out with no excuses NOT to join in on this event. I finally got off my @#$! this year to reserve a time early enough to have the 1st official (and hopefully annual) WAMAS Golf outing. Come on out, it will be a great time for all handicaps. With my game, it is going to be about the social.

SO PUT THIS ON THE CALENDERS! We will be back soon with more signup details, and verified pricing and prizes. WAMAS members and guests welcome. Feel free to post up your comments or PM me (yes, I am on the block for this one :) ) for anything else..

Where:

Pleasant Valley Country Club (www.pleasantvalleygc.com)

4715 Pleasant Valley Road

Chantilly, VA 20151 703-631-7096

Format:

Best ball foursomes, 1 p.m. Tee Time, Dinner and awards ceremony to follow.

Cost:

$100 Individual, $380 per foursome team

Dinner:

1/4 lb hotdogs and 100% Black Angus Hamburgers,

Baked Beans, Potato Salad, Italian Pasta Salad,

Rolls, Brownies, Lemonade or Tea

Prizes:

1st - 3rd place prizes, longest drive and closest to the hole, as well as some

Inaugural_WAMAS_Golf_Classic.doc

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this sounds like fun and it will give me an excuse to get back in the game. its stogie time :smokin:

WHOO-HOOO!!! I can combine two of my money draining hobbies into one event!!!

Ron

LOL +1 In my case add to that motorcycle riding!!!

I am in unless I get to travel in those dates.

Dbartco, there are "cheaper" golf courses if you go a little bit farther west, like Gainsville. Just a thought.

I am guessing the $100 is to cover green fees, food, beverages and prizes right?

Edited by Boret

Dbartco, there are "cheaper" golf courses if you go a little bit farther west, like Gainsville. Just a thought.

I am guessing the $100 is to cover green fees, food, beverages and prizes right?

$100ish covers everything. Maybe another type of "beverage" or two as well, but that's a sticky wicket. Want to make sure we come out even as well. Yes, there are cheaper courses further west (ff national, generals ridge...), but I didn't want to rule out any MD'ers out there. I wanted something available (not during macna or labor day), close to major arteries, comparable with other tournament pricing (just under actually) , and course that wasn't too bland for you pros. Consulting previous threads had more floggers in VA. So, more or less, tried to make everyone happy, which is always impossible.

So trade a few frags, a few less Starbucks during the summer, and come out have a good time. I'm sure we can get a few freebies to pass out as well.

Thanks for the explanation Dbartco. And thank you for organizing it. It is an awesome idea and you can count me in.

As you said it is impossible to please everyone and you have definitely done your homework!!!! :clap:

Sorry if my previous post causes you any headache.

B.

not at all. NOw if someone comes out of the woodwork and says they could have gotten us on at Congressional for free I will get a little irritated!

$100ish covers everything. Maybe another type of "beverage" or two as well, but that's a sticky wicket. Want to make sure we come out even as well. Yes, there are cheaper courses further west (ff national, generals ridge...), but I didn't want to rule out any MD'ers out there. I wanted something available (not during macna or labor day), close to major arteries, comparable with other tournament pricing (just under actually) , and course that wasn't too bland for you pros. Consulting previous threads had more floggers in VA. So, more or less, tried to make everyone happy, which is always impossible.

So trade a few frags, a few less Starbucks during the summer, and come out have a good time. I'm sure we can get a few freebies to pass out as well.

Oh, yeah - let's do General's ridge... then everyone will be in a FINE mood when we go to dinner. Last time I played that course, the 'short rough' was so tall, I lost golf balls drifting 6" into it.

I haven't played in a while - I gave it up for reefkeeping. But... I wouldn't want to miss the chance to give you hackers a thrashing! Guess I'd better get my racket restrung... oh, wait - wrong sport. This is the one you play with the long skinny things, right? How long can grips sit without going rotten? The balls have dimples, now, don't they?

bob

Oh, yeah - let's do General's ridge... then everyone will be in a FINE mood when we go to dinner. Last time I played that course, the 'short rough' was so tall, I lost golf balls drifting 6" into it.

I haven't played in a while - I gave it up for reefkeeping. But... I wouldn't want to miss the chance to give you hackers a thrashing! Guess I'd better get my racket restrung... oh, wait - wrong sport. This is the one you play with the long skinny things, right? How long can grips sit without going rotten? The balls have dimples, now, don't they?

bob

LOL :lol2: :lol2:

Count me in, that's far enough off that I can make it. As my standard answer states, my handicap is playing golf. But I have occasionally been known to get closest to the pin at my church outting sponsored by my dad's church.

I dont know why i picked two very expensive hobbies.

Try diving as well... Actually, other than running, I don't know of many hobbies we don't consider spending too much $$ on. :lol2:

• 1 month later...

EVERYONE is welcome to come out and play. Winner prizes not reef related, but door prizes will be. :)

I need to work with the webmaster to get the signup/paypal page up asap.

• 2 months later...
I need to work with the webmaster to get the signup/paypal page up asap.

Is it up?

bump!!!!

We have one. Unfortunately I don't know where the magical information goes when you hit the submit button. I will find out an get it up this week before vacation.

Ask, and yee shall recieve. Thanks wdytat for the quick responses!