Auto topoff - relay + float swtich

dchild

Howard

If is not too late please put me down for 4 topoff switches then, at $6 each is a great deal.  Also, if there is time I will take two boards instead of one originally requested.  If I'm late let me know, then keep me as originally requested with one full set up.

The building party is still on Jan 9 ?  what time is everyone interested in gathering?

Thanks

Jacob

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacob,

Got you down,

Anyone else, remembering that Stephen has already purchased equipment for 20 boards and now we only at 15?

Anyone else?

In case your coming late and not sure, I hope I understand this, if not, it was Chips fault!  wndr

The PCB will control the first Flowswitch (FS) and if it fails will kick in the second FS into shutting down the power to end any future problems!

Did I state that right?

Krish, Doug or Stephen, You 3 technically sound on getting the cheaper setup from the Ebay Chinese Gent?

Howard

I'm Steven!  ph is something I measure in my tank :D I have only purchased 20 PCBs, not the components for them - I will purchase components tomorrow in the quantity listed here.  I will NOT need any float switches.  I think the Chinese Gent sounds fine.  Howard, you may have adjusted Doug wrong as he is in your list as 0 switches, 1 PCB, when he wanted 2 switches and 0 PCBs?

Steven

Howard,

The chinese gent sounds fine, given that he has sold to umpteen folks on ebay.

On the modus operandii, the 2 float switches are connected back-to-back ( in series).

If the lower one gets stuck and keeps the circuit closed, water will flow in until

the one higher touches water and disconnects the circuit.

-krish

Excellent point!  The output of the hose (where FW flows into the tank) must be above water.

I have ordered components for 15 kits, $13 each for board/components will cover it.  I got a couple extras of everything except the transformers (since that is half the price).  Jameco claims same-day shipping before so it should be here in time.

Howard,

I appreciate you totaling, but NO PCB = no boards!!!!

I am only looking for the 2 floatswitches ($6 thingies that you are calling topoffs). Not the boards!

Please don't include me in the pcb order/board order/whatever that thing is with copper lines, solder, and those little components with colored lines and numbers on it.

Doug

Ok I've been following this thread and since my feeding pumps can't seem to keep up with evaporation if there is still room in this group I would like to join.

Chris

Looks fine for you Chris - if you take one, we'll still total 15 boards which is how many components I've ordered.  You'll have to check with Howard on the float switches though.

Howard, dChild

Are we set up for Sunday?  Will the components arrive on time?  Please advise to be preapred for football Wild Cards...  sorry I mean for the building party.

OK Folks,

I've updated the totals, please PM if they are wrong, I going to order this afternoon.

NOW on that issue, The Canadian gent finally emailed me back and will charge $4.99 INCLUDES Shipping for the units that we need: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4322549961

Someone, look at these ASAP please and confirm that they will meet our needs and I will order today? RSVP ASAP :)

FINAL CONFIRMED TOTALS!

Topoffs $5 ea.(ORDERED) Boards $13.00 ea.

Howard-4                      Howard-2

Lee-4                           Lee-2

Doug-2                         Doug-0

Jacob-4                        Jacob-2

Krish- 4                        Krish-2

Steven-0                      Steven-1

Chip-2 PAID                   Chip-1

Luke-2                          Luke-1

Kannan-2                      Kannan-1

GaryL-4                        GaryL-2

Chris-2                         Chris-1

Total-30                       Total-15

ORDER 30

Howard

Folks,

Can anyone give me a thumbs up on the Canadian Suppliers product for $4.99 including shipping?

I going to order today at noon?

Howard

Folks the Topsoffs are ordered and being shipped today.

Hopefully will have in my hands by Sat. and we can meet this Sunday at Jacobs!

I got them from the Canadian Aquatics @ $4.99 each and got them to eat shipping cost for 30 units.

See you guys Sunday at Jacobs!

Howard

Components are shipped via UPS Ground, they tell me that can take up to 5 business days, with today being the first... so I should get them by Friday.  I've got the boards, so we're good to go.

Oops.. this thing may be off.  Now UPS tracking is telling me it has a scheduled delivery date of Jan 10.  I'm sorry guys, any chance we could move this back a week?  It was supposed to be 5-day shipping, and I made the same-day deadline last Friday. :(

I can get whatever parts and irons to give to someone next week if this does not happen Sun. I was hoping to see Jake's setup too. But alas, I will be playing Shadow Creek in Vegas next weekend. I will have a beer for you guys while out on the course though!

Krish might be the closest to drop off to (as I think he wanted some of these extra power supplies I have anyway). Krish?

Ok, based on shipping logistics the building party date will be moved to Saturday 1/15 or Sunday 1/16.  Stay tuned for further information.

Guys !!!  let me know when the parts arrive so we can set a date for the party depending on when my beloved Steelers are playing of course.

Jacob

GO STEELERS!!!!

OK, Guys the topoffs shipped yesterday by "Canada Post"?

I'm not so sure we will see them by Sat, probably will be during the week. I will know by this weekend, if I'm starting a 1900 sq. ft. basement renovation that will take me 3 weekends of 10-12 hrs a day, ouch....playoffs!

Question, how long does it take to build the units? Any chance we can do this afterwork or we need just too much time? Being a late owl, I'll ask, feel free to shoot me :)

BTW, I order 30 units and believe we only need 28 now, if someone else needs 2 topoffs ($5 each) plus I believe Steven has 5 PCB parts ($13 each) left over correct?

Oops, Chip already paid for his two topoffs, all 30 are now accounted for.

Howard

One last thing,

IF the topoffs come by Sat. and IF the components come in by SAT., would everyone be still able to make it for Sunday?

I don't have weekend access to the internet, but by around 4pm, everyone should check the website for last and final on the parts delivery status if that is ok? Just in case they all come in, we will have a game plan to finish this up. I call someone to post if the topoffs arrive?

Howard