How do I attach Ricordea and zoanthid frags to my rocks?

Jan

How do I attach a ricordea and a zoanthid polyps to my rocks? LFS glued them all to one plastic piece mesh.

How do I attach a ricordea and a zoanthid polyps to my rocks? LFS glued them all to one plastic piece mesh.

ricordea you can put in a container with low to no flow and base is covered in rubble or whatever you want it to attach on... for zoanthids you can use superglue gel and dab only the foot of the zoa if it is not attached to any piece of rock or anything... you have to be careful not to smother the zoa or at least the sides of it or it can melt or come off the plug

ricordea you can put in a container with low to no flow and base is covered in rubble or whatever you want it to attach on... for zoanthids you can use superglue gel and dab only the foot of the zoa if it is not attached to any piece of rock or anything... you have to be careful not to smother the zoa or at least the sides of it or it can melt or come off the plug

Thank you for such a speedy reply. How do I take them off of the mesh they're glued on. Do I just cut around it until the mesh is underneath and glue mesh and all to rock or Do I peel or cut them off??? OMG I can't cut them, not yet anyway. Do I glue on top of the glue?

Put any of the softies in a container with sand - let the "foot" get some on it, then superglue the sand/foot to a rock.

Thank you for such a speedy reply. How do I take them off of the mesh they're glued on. Do I just cut around it until the mesh is underneath and glue mesh and all to rock or Do I peel or cut them off??? OMG I can't cut them, not yet anyway. Do I glue on top of the glue?

theres a few ways you can do it, dont try to pull them off of the mesh but yes you can cut around it then glue the mesh to the rock. or another way just like sikryd said you can put in a container with sand or any piece of rubble and when its foot is attached you can just glue the whole thing to a rock. just try not to get any glue on the ric itself.

i used to put my rics in a shot glass since it was almost the perfect size for it not to move around anywhere then i put a small piece of rock in it and just waited until it attached. that worked very well for me :clap:

theres a few ways you can do it, dont try to pull them off of the mesh but yes you can cut around it then glue the mesh to the rock. or another way just like sikryd said you can put in a container with sand or any piece of rubble and when its foot is attached you can just glue the whole thing to a rock. just try not to get any glue on the ric itself.

i used to put my rics in a shot glass since it was almost the perfect size for it not to move around anywhere then i put a small piece of rock in it and just waited until it attached. that worked very well for me :clap:

I did it, I did it, I did it!!! I cut the mesh around them and glued them on to a rock. :biggrin: Thank you you both.:clap: How long can they stay out of water?

congrats! :)

zoas can stay a while out of water as long as they are still wet, rics same thing but not as long plus they get aggrivated (sp) easily

Tanks,

Piece a cake, now I'm a pro :biggrin:

:lol2: , not really. thanks alot guys.

Half the battle is just doing it! Good job.

I would read up on palythoa toxicity if you are going to do it much. I am allergic to bee stings, and haven't had a problem yet with palys/zoos, but I am wearing Glasses and latex gloves just in case now.

It's all comparative... You have now glued a zoanthid and a ricordia to a rock. You ARE a pro! (compared to half the other people in the hobby)

http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/jr-raglan/105223620

bob

Thanks Bob. I've also glued a bullseye mushroom that came mounted on mesh :biggrin: I don't mind handling these critters but I can't handle hitchikers like worms and brittle star fish. I lose it. My family cracks up because I start yelling while I break out into a yucky dance :blush: I can't stand them!!!! I really need to wear gloves when I handle the rocks.

Very cool Tee.